How Best to Cancel a Broadband Switch?

Options
stojio
stojio Posts: 107 Forumite
edited 24 October 2015 at 1:43PM in Broadband & internet access
As above!

I have put the wheels in motion to switch from BT to TalkTalk for my broadband services, but in the middle of it all the TalkTalk hacking farce started...

So how do I stop this switch from going ahead??

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How long ago did you sign up
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • stojio
    stojio Posts: 107 Forumite
    Options
    I can't remember the exact date but it was a couple of days before the hacking hit the news. I know my services are meant to go live on 3rd Nov.
  • Jack_Griffin
    Options
    http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/guides/switch/
    The new rules mean you no longer have to cancel your contract with the provider you're leaving. Instead just contact the provider to whom you wish to transfer your business and tell them you want to switch. It's their responsibility to handle the switch from start to finish.

From here you'll get written confirmation that the switch is in motion. This will come from the provider you're leaving and the one you're joining. The letter from the one you're leaving must tell you which services are affected, which are unaffected and whether you're liable for any early cancellation charges.
    The letter from the provider you're joining must give you a date for when the switch will occur as well as firmly set out the terms of the switch.

In the event that you change your mind while the switch is being affected, you're free to cancel without penalty. But only if you do so within 14 calendar days of the start of the new contract.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure