TV License Warning Letter

2»

Comments

• iltisman
    iltisman Posts: 2,589 Forumite
    I think my local postie does not like the TV licencing people I saw a big pile of unopened addressed envelopes in the litter bin . I opened one and it was a TV licence threatener.
  • We pay our license 'fee' every three months for what? lackluster BBC TV and ITV4/2 spike pick numerous paid for advert ridden TV. The law is regardless if you can receive a television signal then by law you've to pay for a license. Blind black and white then you're due a reduction.. Even if you're blind you've to pay for a radio license. Lets add up the BBC channels, BBC 1 BBC2 BBC3 BBC4 cbeebies the parliament channel and BBC news, theres probably more showing tracey beaker!. You're not paying for the BBC you're paying for the right to have non stop adverts:

Joe Bloggs doesn't get that neither does the BBC, you're paying for adverts thats all.. The laws changed with regards to car tax, now you can't sell a car with road tax on it. And it's the same for TV licensing. New occupier new billing address, they don't care about the previous occupant. Your names on the tenants book so they'll go after you. Landlord 'nothing to do with me I didn't give them a TV'
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Even if you're blind you've to pay for a radio license'

Tv license maybe. Radio license not since 1971.

Please be accurate in your ramblings otherwise you look like an idiot.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,146
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Things must be bad for the BBC. Even on Points of View, there was a contributor who claimed to have "fallen out of love with the BBC".

I'd certainly like the Government to "retreat" the scope of the Licence - so that the ad-funded channels were not within its scope. That would give people a much more genuine choice, as well as making an option available for those on very low incomes.

The scope and quality of ITV+C4+C5+Quest+Dave must be getting on for being as broad and as deep as the BBC, if not better in some areas. (Yes, I know Dave is half-owned by the BBC).
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,146
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    We pay our license 'fee' every three months for what?
    If you are paying every 3 months, then you are probably paying £5 a year more than you need to.

Top tip :money:
    The law is regardless if you can receive a television signal then by law you've to pay for a license.
    Not quite - BBC/TV Licensing currently enforce the Law as being "watching or recording TV broadcasts".
  • The law is regardless if you can receive a television signal then by law you've to pay for a license.

Not in the UK it isn't. If you watch or record live TV you have to have a licence, not if you have the capability to watch.

Now in Denmark it is more like you say, and if you have a 3G phone that is considered capable of receiving live TV by streaming so you need a TV licence for that.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure