We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
BT broadband - at the end of my tether
Mulder00
Posts: 508 Forumite
I have spent about 5 ours on the phone already to BT to get broadband installed (it is for a newbuild, so I understand that not everything is always ready).
I've had OpenReach connect the house and put in an OpenReach point. That was done two weeks ago and the engineer said that I should give it 1 working day and they will then be able to connect the broadband.
So then it's been a blur of appointments which just get postponed for no reason and the latest one was yesterday. I phoned the call centre up and explained to them that I've already had to take 4 days leave, waiting at home what can be done. They assured me that they would be here today as they were provisioning the fibre in the exchange yesterday so that it would all be ready today when the engineer arrives (that's why they just moved yesterday's appointment).
Today the engineer arrives to tell me that when he traced the line back to the exchange, he can see that no provisioning has been done for fibre and it's only due to be done on the 16th.
Phoned up the call centre again, just to be told to give it some time because they need a notification from OpenReach that the landline is done and only then will they be able to provision the fibre. So what did they do all of yesterday? And then I got told that it might just be that tomorrow it all works - this is when the engineer made it very clear that nothing has been done for this.
I am tired of speaking to the call centre and as I've been waiting since the 13th of September, I really don't want this to be repeated with another company (so don't want to tell them to stick it!).
Does anyone know who I can contact or what I can do to get this moved along now. The engineer said he saw all my case notes and said that OpenReach was actually waiting for BT to give the go ahead to install the landline first.
HELP!!!
I've had OpenReach connect the house and put in an OpenReach point. That was done two weeks ago and the engineer said that I should give it 1 working day and they will then be able to connect the broadband.
So then it's been a blur of appointments which just get postponed for no reason and the latest one was yesterday. I phoned the call centre up and explained to them that I've already had to take 4 days leave, waiting at home what can be done. They assured me that they would be here today as they were provisioning the fibre in the exchange yesterday so that it would all be ready today when the engineer arrives (that's why they just moved yesterday's appointment).
Today the engineer arrives to tell me that when he traced the line back to the exchange, he can see that no provisioning has been done for fibre and it's only due to be done on the 16th.
Phoned up the call centre again, just to be told to give it some time because they need a notification from OpenReach that the landline is done and only then will they be able to provision the fibre. So what did they do all of yesterday? And then I got told that it might just be that tomorrow it all works - this is when the engineer made it very clear that nothing has been done for this.
I am tired of speaking to the call centre and as I've been waiting since the 13th of September, I really don't want this to be repeated with another company (so don't want to tell them to stick it!).
Does anyone know who I can contact or what I can do to get this moved along now. The engineer said he saw all my case notes and said that OpenReach was actually waiting for BT to give the go ahead to install the landline first.
HELP!!!
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards