We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Moved from BT to Sky via MSE code
MadeInHeaven
Posts: 21 Forumite
Hi
To say i'm hopping mad is an understatement.
We decided to use the code as per the MSE site, for the sky broadband & talk offer a few weeks ago. Did everything on-line (as you do), filled everything in to make a 'simple' switch. All going to plan, had the router delivered showing a connection date of 5th October (yesterday). Connected everything up......No broadband! waited until 6pm..still nothing, although i notice my phone line is active and working. So decided to call Sky with a view to sorting the internet connection out. During the conversation I was asked to confirm the telephone number I was calling from, which I did only to be told that my old number was not valid and that Sky had issued me a new one!
Have spoken to BT who advise me that the line was showing closed on my old number and that Sky had requested a "Advice to transfer" & it was a "Working line take-over" and that Sky now had my old number.
Last week I received a letter from Sky saying "We've been informed by one of our customers, that they're moving into your current address and want to take over your phone line".
I called Sky straight away to clarify that this was incorrect and was told it was a generic letter.
I cant believe they have been so incompetent.
BT say that they no longer have the number & Sky also say the same thing.
:mad:
To say i'm hopping mad is an understatement.
We decided to use the code as per the MSE site, for the sky broadband & talk offer a few weeks ago. Did everything on-line (as you do), filled everything in to make a 'simple' switch. All going to plan, had the router delivered showing a connection date of 5th October (yesterday). Connected everything up......No broadband! waited until 6pm..still nothing, although i notice my phone line is active and working. So decided to call Sky with a view to sorting the internet connection out. During the conversation I was asked to confirm the telephone number I was calling from, which I did only to be told that my old number was not valid and that Sky had issued me a new one!
Have spoken to BT who advise me that the line was showing closed on my old number and that Sky had requested a "Advice to transfer" & it was a "Working line take-over" and that Sky now had my old number.
Last week I received a letter from Sky saying "We've been informed by one of our customers, that they're moving into your current address and want to take over your phone line".
I called Sky straight away to clarify that this was incorrect and was told it was a generic letter.
I cant believe they have been so incompetent.
BT say that they no longer have the number & Sky also say the same thing.
:mad:
0
Comments
-
Hi I've posted a thread about this deal too as they completed messed up my order and lost me my number!
They are saying that I owe about £26 a month not £16.20 (as I had the anytime package) and the first bill showed line rental full price although the paperwork says £8.20.
Now they are wasting my time on the phone repeatedly.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards