my lovely girl put to sleep this morning

Options
Am devastated. She was 15 and over the past few weeks deteriorated so quickly. It went from not eating well to not eating at all for last 2 days so rang emergency vet this morning and arranged to see him at surgery. He said she was very poorly and her kidneys were failing. So with his advice agreed to put her to sleep. Don't know what ill do without her. Am carer for elderly father and she helped so much just by being there.
£12,432 - debt free February 2018 :j

Comments

• robotrobo
    robotrobo Posts: 921 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Am devastated. She was 15 and over the past few weeks deteriorated so quickly. It went from not eating well to not eating at all for last 2 days so rang emergency vet this morning and arranged to see him at surgery. He said she was very poorly and her kidneys were failing. So with his advice agreed to put her to sleep. Don't know what ill do without her. Am carer for elderly father and she helped so much just by being there.

Very sorry you have had to have your pet put to sleep , we have also had to do the same a few years ago , & it hurts , remember all the love & joy you have had & all the fond memories, words at the moment wont mend the hurt, it will get easier for you in the coming months.
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of,your friend.
    It's hard but be comforted that you did the best for her.
    Big hugs and thoughts going your way from me.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • catkins
    catkins Posts: 5,703 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your pet. It is devastating and nothing anyone can say can really help. Other pet owners though know what you are going through and though you won't be able to see it now it does get easier.

Just let yourself grieve no matter how long it takes - there is no right or wrong length of time. I cried for weeks when my dog was put to sleep
    The world is over 4 billion years old and yet you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie
  • fierystormcloud
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. :( I hope she didn't suffer for long.
    cooeeeeeeeee :j :wave:
  • Oddjob
    Oddjob Posts: 590 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So sorry for you, its heart breaking. Remember what a good life you gave her. She would have made her way to the bridge taking all your love with her. You did the right thing and did not let her suffer. One day, I am sure you will be reunited with her. xx
  • UKTigerlily
    UKTigerlily Posts: 4,702 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My heart goes out to you, you did the very best thing for her and the kindest thing we can do x
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear you have lost your pet but you did the right thing you know that x
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm sorry to read this. Monty one of my cavaliers went the same way about two years ago and it was a big miss as he was a few weeks short of 14 so seemed to have been here forever.

He rallied on the appointed day,so much that customers at the vets thought he was only in for jabs, but we knew he would not get better so thought it best to let him go 'on a high'.

You may not feel this yet, but there is a dog somewhere, perhaps in a rescue, who will be so eager to fill the void for you.
  • UKTigerlily
    UKTigerlily Posts: 4,702 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    I'm sorry to read this. Monty one of my cavaliers went the same way about two years ago and it was a big miss as he was a few weeks short of 14 so seemed to have been here forever.

He rallied on the appointed day,so much that customers at the vets thought he was only in for jabs, but we knew he would not get better so thought it best to let him go 'on a high'.

You may not feel this yet, but there is a dog somewhere, perhaps in a rescue, who will be so eager to fill the void for you.

So sorry for your loss also and what an age, he must've been well cared for x
  • jrtfan
    jrtfan Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss. It's never easy to say goodbye to a much loved pet, probably the hardest part of being a pet parent in fact. She will always stay with you in your heart though and that piece of your heart will be forever hers.

Run free, little girl x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport