We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

BT phone and broadband

I think my BT contract was up for renewal last month (September). Without actually having to ring them up and speak to them is there anywhere I can find out the exact date when the contract ended? Have checked my BT bill but can't see any information on there. Thanks.

Comments

  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Via help centre Web Chat is what i use .
  • I think my BT contract was up for renewal last month (September). Without actually having to ring them up and speak to them is there anywhere I can find out the exact date when the contract ended? Have checked my BT bill but can't see any information on there. Thanks.

    You should have had confirmation of a start date last year in writing via email. Mine states my monthly charges, what you'll get and when the service starts. BT should know when your contract started, but they very rarely let you know when its due for renewal.
    Holding back the years...
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,653 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    is there anywhere I can find out the exact date when the contract ended?

    I think they go out of their way to make this hard for you to find out. I've never found anywhere on my online bill where it is shown. I put the end date in my online diary but on the occasions I have spoken to them or used webchat then they will tell you.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.