We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Does this answer the cat problem

Options
Has anyone tried one of these ?

http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/img/products/140530_p.jpg

The Big Cheese Ultrasonic Cat Repeller

Product code — 140530 , RRP £29.99
  • Sonic repeller gun with laser-light sighting. To cats it’s the audible equivalent of a cold bucket of water!
  • Repels cats, dogs, squirrels and other nuisance animals without harm
  • Trigger action - sights and shoots target animals over 20 metres away
  • Dual sonic/ultrasonic switching for use without dection or disturbance of neighbours
  • Standard delivery charge of £4.95 for mainland UK only (we do not deliver to other locations)
  • Usually delivered within 5 working days of receipt of order
  • Model Number: STV610
In Stock
Saving £20.00 OFF RRP
Was £19.99
Price Now £9.99

and if so, is it effective on anything else?

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I will soon know for myself, I've just bought one off ebay with much less P&P.
  • Lord_Gardener
    Lord_Gardener Posts: 2,971 Forumite
    Options
    In my experience these only work for some cats! I find the Scardy Cat plant works well when placed on the cats normal route! Here is some useful info:

http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0700/cats.asp
    I'm mad!!!! :rotfl::jand celebrating everyday every year!!!
  • kittenpea
    kittenpea Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    I bought ONE of those ultrasonic things and pardon the language but the cat SH*t right infront of it needless to say it went straight back to B&Q
    £2400 mb profit so far since 01/11/08

!!!!!!!!!I am a scrooge and proud of it!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dlb
    dlb Posts: 2,488 Forumite
    Options
    Does any one have any other ideas for the cat poo problem, my dh is at his wits end, we have a large back garden and it is like top cat alley round here with there meeting place being my garden.
    We have tried alsorts we have scardy cat plants ,but the cats sit next to them! We have tried the lemon/orange peel worked for about 2 days!!Tried pepper dust, it didt work.
    My dh is getting really upset about it now as we have laid a new lawn and every morning there must be 3-5 new piles of poop!!! Plus the cats have started doing it in the middle of the other lawns not just in the flower beds.
    Any ideas gratefully recieved please.
    Thanks donna
    Proud to be DEBT FREE AT LAST
  • Raver2k7
    Raver2k7 Posts: 248 Forumite
    Options
    dlb wrote: »
    Does any one have any other ideas for the cat poo problem, my dh is at his wits end, we have a large back garden and it is like top cat alley round here with there meeting place being my garden.
    We have tried alsorts we have scardy cat plants ,but the cats sit next to them! We have tried the lemon/orange peel worked for about 2 days!!Tried pepper dust, it didt work.
    My dh is getting really upset about it now as we have laid a new lawn and every morning there must be 3-5 new piles of poop!!! Plus the cats have started doing it in the middle of the other lawns not just in the flower beds.
    Any ideas gratefully recieved please.
    Thanks donna

Im having the same problem! ive not long moved into my new house, and i have 7 cats that use my garden as a cut-thru to the rest of the estate! Crapping as they make their journey into all my plants! I dnt mind cats, but this is just getting out of hand!
  • System
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't leave a saucer of water out with a few drops of antifreeze in it, because it has a tempting fishy smell (so they say), but unfortunatley cats won't return once they sipped from it.
  • HelzBelz
    HelzBelz Posts: 619 Forumite
    Options
    Waterpistol
  • General_Hogwart
    Options
    islandman wrote: »
    Whatever you do, don't leave a saucer of water out with a few drops of antifreeze in it, because it has a tempting fishy smell (so they say), but unfortunatley cats won't return once they sipped from it.

hmm, interesting theory! :p
  • System
    Options
    As I started this thread off, thought you might like an up-date.

It appears to work!

Having directed the thing at the offender, I aimed, with it in silent mode, and I saw an immediate recognition, it then sped off.

The following day I saw the same animal, went outside, and there was this "oh, here he comes again" recognition and off it went.
  • full-time-mum
    full-time-mum Posts: 1,962 Forumite
    Options
    islandman wrote: »
    As I started this thread off, thought you might like an up-date.

It appears to work!

Having directed the thing at the offender, I aimed, with it in silent mode, and I saw an immediate recognition, it then sped off.

The following day I saw the same animal, went outside, and there was this "oh, here he comes again" recognition and off it went.

I'm sure just a water pistol would work as well - the trouble is that you have to catch them. If I could catch our offending cat it would get the hose pipe treatment.
    7 Angel Bears for LovingHands Autumn Challenge. 10 KYSTGYSES. 3 and 3/4 (ran out of wool) small blanket/large square, 2 premie blankets, 2 Angel Claire Bodywarmers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure