Books to read to a nearly 5 year old

Options
We have just finished reading the box set of Roald Dahl books, and I am looking for something else to read DS.

I would prefer longer novel style books, as he looks forward to having a couple of chapters each night, and I enjoy quizzing him about the plot and discussing what happened so far..

Any suggestions?
Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)

Comments

• Ms_Chocaholic
    Options
    If you have time, have you thought of visiting your local library with him and let him choose his own books, that way you can change the books every fortnight and it's FREE!!!
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • Mupette
    Mupette Posts: 4,599 Forumite
    Options
    The world of poo

Where's my cow

Start em young
    GNU
    Terry Pratchett
    ((((Ripples))))
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,132 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you have time, have you thought of visiting your local library with him and let him choose his own books, that way you can change the books every fortnight and it's FREE!!!

We visit the library every week, but as we live in such a small village, there is VERY limited choice.

It is quite a drive to the nearest big library, so might try that every now and then.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Anything by !!!!!! King-Smith
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Qtipps4
    Options
    Jeremy strong books. Old fashioned but my daughter (5) loves Enid blyton enchanted wood series. Flat Stanley is always a favourite at school as is lighthouse keepers lunch. Good luck. Wonderwise series are nonfiction and really good.
  • jackomdj
    jackomdj Posts: 3,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Re the library, is yours linked with the main one? Our library we can order books which they then get in from the linked library free of charge. We can do this still the library or online.
  • olgadapolga
    Options
    Sword in the Stone is brilliant - I read it to my sons when they were five and six years old, they loved it.
  • shoe*diva79
    Options
    Not sure what age the David Walliams books are aimed at?
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Jack stalwart
    Faraway tree
    Jenny nimmo books
    Worst witch

Get some recommendations from Amazon, then see if your library does free ereader downloads. Lots do these days.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • Lily-Rose_3
    Options
    ANYTHING by Enid Blyton! :D
    Proud to have lost over 3 stone (45 pounds,) in the past year! :j Now a size 14!

You're not singing anymore........ You're not singing any-more! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport