Ideas for presents for staff

13»

Comments

• IrishRose12
    IrishRose12 Posts: 1,724
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    netskii wrote: »
    IrishRose12 - I love those ideas. What is in the Survival kits, they sound like a great idea!! :)

Netskii the main ones that are popular are the teacher and assistant ones so it's mainly those she has. There's 11 different items I think it is in in and she has a wee poem printed out which explains what each item is for.
    A few in it is a balloon, toothpick, marble, googly eyes, a sweet etc.

Though if there is a particular message wanted on it instead of the poem or if people want their own oem on it she is able to do that too :)
    Pay all debt off by Christmas 2024 £537/£3,500£1 a day challenge 2024 - £91/£730 Declutter a bag a week in 2024 6/52Lose 24lb - 3/24lbs Read 1 book per week - 5/52Pay off credit card debt 7/100%
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    My kids made little nail bundles last year for their teachers - we bought a pack of 6 nail varnish - I supervised so tasteful colours were used :eek: and we tied them individually with a mini emery board, toe separators and a candy cane. The kids wrote on the tags "for your mistle-toes".

I think I spent about £12 in all (poundshop and ebay) and the teachers seemed happy :)

My boss usually gets us a bottle of wine each - to be honest I appreciate the gesture, even if i don't end up drinking it, it all adds to the festivities!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • netskii wrote: »
    IrishRose12 - I love those ideas. What is in the Survival kits, they sound like a great idea!! :)

We have made survival kits in Brownies for Mother's Day. If you google, there are lots of ideas, but here are some othe items that I can remember:

A shiny penny - so you can never say you're penniless
    An elastic band - to hold things together when everything is falling apart
    A stick of chewing gum - because we always stick together
    A marble - because you keep losing yours
    A heart - to show how much I love you
    Seeds - because you help me to grow
    A candle - because you help to show me the way

We put everything into organza bags, but they could be put into a jar decorated with ribbon, or a pretty box. You can include a poem (Google is your friend), but the Brownies drew clouds with explanations written inside.

They cost very little to make, but are usually appreciated by those who receive them. My mum showed hers to a friend, who then asked me to make some for her family.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure