Ideas for presents for staff

Comments

• C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,003
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Over on the Grabbit board there's a link to little organza gift bags containing a few Dead Sea Magik items for £2 each - I've just ordered a load of those as little token Christmas gifts for the girls I work with.
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,544
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    celticcurl wrote: »
    For the women what about fabric shopping bags that fold up small into a pouch.

Why not for the men as well?
  • That is such a lovely idea! In order to appreciate all their hard work maybe reward with something to relax with- nice smellies or something. (Maybe not original idea) I was in hospital in September and the nurses were so fantastic under a lot of pressure and difficult circumstances. Hope your dad is recovering well.
  • Queen.Bess
    Queen.Bess Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    Thanks for asking this question and to all who have replied! I think I might hijack some ideas for my own staff!
    Official DFW Nerd Club #20 :cool: Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :D DFW Long Hauler #109 :o

Slowly, Slowly = Oct '09: £30693, Aug '15: £14820. Could Be Debt Free April 2020, but hoping for sooner!
  • My manager normally gets us a tub of chocolates to share (there's only three of us that work here) and a little something each.

PoundStretcher has some nice bits :) might be worth a look in there?
    Or you could have a look on Ebay and see if there are any bulk buys or something?
    I've seen some people making Christmas decorations out of wood that are personalized and they're only about £1 each on FB :)
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • IrishRose12
    IrishRose12 Posts: 1,724
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    All I can say is you have very lucky staff OP!!

In my job (teacching assistant) we all buy everyone something, then put each one into a Christmas gift bag with our name on it and we aren't allowed to open them until Christmas morning.
    We have a limit of £2.50 each as there are 7 of us, and we each buy a gift bag. The bags all have to be a certain size so we can't buy anything bigger than the bag lol.

Last year I bought a bookmark like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tibetian-silver-bookmark-for-jewellery-making-New-/252142651603?hash=item3ab4df88d3:g:ay4AAOSwhcJWLiAC for each and put it into a little organza bag. I bought them off someone on Facebook and they had added little jewels. They turned out really lovely. They cost £1.50 each so I added a £1 Christmas Scratch card along with them.

This year my friend is making survival kits. I received one from a child in work for a gift and loved it. So simple but memorable too. She's doing these to raise money for a little boy that we know who is fighting Cancer ATM, so any money raised will be going to a fund that has been started up for him. I made some in the summer and they were a big hit here and even got orders for wedding favours for them:eek:

I'm not making them anymore but I've decided to buy 7 of these from my friend and give her the money for the fund. She's selling them for £2 each so I'll see about getting some of the wee diaries for 50p from the Card Factory to make up to the £2.50:rotfl:

Or how about some Christmas decorations?? As in the little plaque things with sweet sayings on them?
    My 2 eldest children got me to buy their teachers and assistants these yesterday http://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/xmas-mirror-plaque-292915
    One of my neighbours engraves glass, so I've asked him if he could put the teacher's name, who it's from and the year on it.

I'll be getting them something else also to go along with it but I thought these were lovely.
    Pay all debt off by Christmas 2024 £537/£3,500£1 a day challenge 2024 - £91/£730 Declutter a bag a week in 2024 6/52Lose 24lb - 3/24lbs Read 1 book per week - 5/52Pay off credit card debt 7/100%
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • What about the christmas crackers from Boots which have beauty products in? I think they are sold in a 4 pack for about £10.

Or how about a posh adult advent calendar (boots, lush, bodyshop, benefit etc) and everyone takes it in turns to open throughout December?

No ideas for the men though
  • MrsCD
    MrsCD Posts: 1,783
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    What about snowman soup? There are lots of recipes but basically it is drinking chocolate in a plastic bag cone with marshmallows and a candy cane fastened with a ribbon on the side.
    Or jam jar cookie mix with a recipe printed from the internet and festivally decorated.
    2024 Fashion on the ration 0/66 used
  • netskii
    netskii Posts: 64 Forumite
    IrishRose12 - I love those ideas. What is in the Survival kits, they sound like a great idea!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure