MSE News: Green Star Energy launches 'unlimited' gas and electricity tariff...

in Energy
14 replies 3K views
2»

Replies

• AndyPKAndyPK Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    CEC could do with adjusting its settings as its recommending this tariff for me but I use significantly more than 16,500 kWh of gas annually,
  • ScroungerScrounger Forumite
    884 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    AndyPK wrote: »
    ... but I use significantly more than 16,500 kWh of gas annually,
    I'd be tempted to go with Green Star in your situation Andy, furnishing 'modified' meter readings every month which are just within their specified usage limits. [this could also help to average out the summer/winter readings over the year]

If/when Green Star eventually discover your proper readings (eg a meter man calls), or you feel like a change, then simply switch away to another provider before they get a chance to put you over to their standard tariff.

After all, we can all make mistakes doing meter reads, perhaps due to poor eyesight (mine's especially bad when shifting energy suppliers :rotfl:)

Scrounger
  • PincherPincher
    6.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scrounger wrote: »
    I'd be tempted to go with Green Star in your situation Andy, furnishing 'modified' meter readings every month which are just within their specified usage limits. [this could also help to average out the summer/winter readings over the year

That is what I call thinking, if I didn't think Green Star will call on Star Fleet Protocol Alfa Beta Gamma Epsilon, and impose Warp Reverse Compensation by charging the big unit differential in the last month at standard tariff rate, which would pretty much negate any fiddle gains you may have accrued.
  • michaelsmichaels Forumite
    25.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking this could make sense - basically you are insuring yourself against a cold winter by paying a bit more in a standard/mild winter (or the reverse for summer if you have air-conditioning).

Except that it doesn' twork cos wen you do get that cold wiinter they just point to the small print about usage outside thier standard bands and charge you more anyway - sounds like a pretty one-sided deal to me: Use less we win, use more we change your tariff and win anyway....
    I think....
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides