IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKCPS windscreen PCN..

Options
iNezzy
iNezzy Posts: 26 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 24 September 2015 at 8:34PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi All,

Having read the newbies thread im still left quite confused as to were i stand....

Today i was issued with a windscreen PCN by the company UKPCS. This happened when the driver or the vehicle which i keep was on there way to work. They stopped in a tesco extra, which only has a very small car park to begin with all of the parking bays were occupied other than the 7 disabled bays (of which every one was empty.) Of the 7, 6 are right outside the shop, the other its at the far end of the car park out the way. As the driver knew they would only be gone for 2 minutes tops as they were purchasing only 2 items, a drink and some chewing gum. They parked in the bay furthest from the shop (still leaving 6 bays free.) In the 2 minutes that they were gone the PCN was stuck on the window (pretty quick that was!)

There are signs in the car park, however as usual the writing is very small and difficult to read.
It is a tesco extra in a business park and as such there are 4/5 retailers there with very little car parking space.

Now, were do i stand in regards to this as the keeper? £60 seems pretty excessive for such a minor infraction... considering the other 6 bays remained empty... clearly this was of inconvienience to absolutely no one.

Were do i stand with this? Thanks very much for your input.

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 24 September 2015 at 9:19PM
    Options
    Read and understand just post #1 in the newbies faq to see how to begin to deal with this.
  • iNezzy
    Options
    With this type of "offense" is it actually appealable tho? After all... i know the driver should not have been in that bay regardless of space... but... with it been a PPC i thought maybe it was appealable.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    yes it is appealable ...

who was the PPC ?

read through the newbies thread for more advice

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

and when you win pay a small ££ to a disabled charity for your misdemeanor !

Do NOT park in disabled places unless you are disabled !

good luck

Ralph:cool:
  • iNezzy
    edited 24 September 2015 at 11:17PM
    Options
    The PPC was UK CPS i would guess? Thats the name plastered all over the ticket anyway...

Great idea on the charity. Will do that following a successful appeal :)
  • iNezzy
    Options
    So after doing a bit of research... is asking for a vat invoice still a reliable way to get the ticket cancelled with uk cps?

Also, would this be relevant to the situation? If this is true... then a ticket for parking in the bay with no blue badge seems pretty redundant?
    There is a difference in privately owned car parks. Charges and conditions of use in off-street car parks are a contractual matter between the car park owner and the motorist. Enforcement of parking bays for people with disabilities is therefore a matter for the individual owner or operator of the car park.

If a non-disabled motorist has parked in a bay reserved for people with disabilities in a private car park, for example a supermarket, an employee of the store can ask the driver to move their car from the reserved space - but they cannot legally insist on it.

However I'm not sure this applies to England? [l]www[] .nidirect.gov.uk/s m/index.htm

Thanks for the helpm
  • iNezzy
    Options
    Apologies on the multi posts it won't allow me to edit the post.

To follow up on this, would it also be worth noting... that as I am recovering from recent wrist surgery to repair a broken wrist using plates, I could claim reasonable grounds to use the amended facilities? Furthermore, I suffer for a lower limb disorder that does in fact make it difficult to walk and get in/out of the car in a confined space. Because this issue is still been investigated (genetic testing / mri and such...) I may well actually qualify for a blue badge but I have never pursued it

Thanks again.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Your request for a VAT invoice will not get the ticket cancelled. It just gives the PPC a bit of a headache (especially if they refuse and you report them to HMRC) and it may help if this ever got to the court stage.

As far as your wrist is concerned - more than likely not covered by the Equality Act 2010.

Your lower limb disorder, maybe. BUT, UKCPS will not be interested (they'd ticket you in a hearse if they had the chance), but you may want to pursue this angle with the landowner.

There are no straws floating overhead that you can grasp and win with. Just follow the NEWBIES sticky's tried and tested method for your best chance. You're in for a bit of a long run - no quick fixes I'm afraid
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • iNezzy
    Options
    How can I work out who the landowner is?
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'd start by going into the tesco extra and speaking to the manager.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 25 September 2015 at 9:30AM
    Options
    You raised the vat issue in your OP, have you read these?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5033796&highlight=

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5195437&highlight

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5087925&highlight=

If you suspect tax evasion go here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5087925&highlight

As you can see, this gives them a few more hurdles to jump and, if it gets too court, makes it very difficult for them to claim contractual charge, and more easy for you to claim that the charge has to be for trespass or breach of contract.

Although the latter is not vatable, the damages are strictly limited to the amount of the loss, which, in your case, is £NIL.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure