When can i cancel sky broadband

Hi All

I am looking into the talk talk fibre offer at present £22.50 for 6 months , £27.50 thereafter up to the 18 month contract

I am with SKY currently for BB , and my minimum term ends on 27/10 , i currently have their standard unlimited BB

I dont mind taking a small hit in ETC charges as i want to benefit from the £100 love to shop voucher talk talk are offering

The deal only last another 6 days , if i gave notice on friday for example , has anyone an idea of costs i will face from SKY ?

And do i have to call to give notice or can i do it online?

thanks
Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comments

• jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Dan-Dan wrote: »
    The deal only last another 6 days , if i gave notice on friday for example , has anyone an idea of costs i will face from SKY ?

You would pay up till 27/10 so whatever your normal charges are for that time.
    And do i have to call to give notice or can i do it online?

thanks

If you're switching you don't cancel with Sky. You let TalkTalk handle the transfer.
  • Dan-Dan
    Dan-Dan Posts: 5,272 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks Jem
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
  • I've just seen an offer on the Sky website - free limited (25Gb) fibre for 12 months for existing customers
    I have climbed the mountain . . . . .
  • Dan-Dan
    cant be limited , we use a streaming stick (a lot)
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    Ring Sky, giving details of cost including cashback for the prospective provider and ask what they can offer.
  • Im annoyed that with the new deal on Sky , they insist on charging an £20 transfer fee, I have Talk Talk line at the moment which is Bt managed so cant see why it's not compatible. I feel its just a way of getting another £20 out of me.
  • jem16
    I have Talk Talk line at the moment which is Bt managed so cant see why it's not compatible. I feel its just a way of getting another £20 out of me.

TalkTalk uses its own equipment in the exchange as it's an LLU provider. Can you explain what you mean by your TalkTalk line being BT managed?
  • Dan-Dan
    Jem , can i ask , if i go from SKY non fibre broadband , to TALK TALK fibre broadband , yet they only send me a router for self install , how do i magically end up with fibre broadband ?

idiot alert , apologies!
  • Yeah call Sky, let them know the offers. They will beat the price.
    I just renewed my contract with Sky.
    With £33 savings on monthly.
  • jem16
    Dan-Dan wrote: »
    Jem , can i ask , if i go from SKY non fibre broadband , to TALK TALK fibre broadband , yet they only send me a router for self install , how do i magically end up with fibre broadband ?

idiot alert , apologies!

An engineer is sent out to your cabinet to switch you over to fibre. After that's done you simply connect the router just as your current one.

http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/how-my-superfast-fibre-broadband-installed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport