Water meter

Hi everyone
I'm looking to try and save as much money on my bills as possible so I looked into getting a water meter as it's just myself and my oh at home. I pay a water and a sewerage bill, my question is the quote I received is about £30 less than my water bill but does this include my sewerage bill aswell? If so it's a massive saving, if not then less so.
Hope this makes sense!
Many thanks
Hannah

Comments

• MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,224
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hi, If it's two of you in a 2/3 /4 or more Bedroomed house, you save money with a Water Meter.
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
  • If the quote isn't clear phone your supplier and ask.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,034
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    MoneyMate wrote: »
    Hi, If it's two of you in a 2/3 /4 or more Bedroomed house, you save money with a Water Meter.

That is far too simplistic! It depends on the Rateable Value(RV) of the property.

A 2/3/4 bedroom house can have a very low RV and even a single occupant would be worse off with a meter.

A friend has an unmetered 7 bedroom detached house, in over an acre, with a low RV and he would be worse off metered with only two occupants.

Conversely 'a 2/3/4 or more Bedroomed house' could have a high RV and a meter would be cheaper even with loads of occupants.

My metered house has a high RV and if unmetered the charges would be higher than if I had 14 occupants with average consumption.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure