Suspicious transaction - "WP-STAGECOACH-SERV"

Options

Comments

• Olipro
    Olipro Posts: 717 Forumite
    Options
    the "protection" is defined first by the law, and if you're not so lucky then generally - the card scheme.

all Visa cards can be chargedback regardless, if you have a Maestro on the other hand, you're a bit pooched unless Mastercard changed their rules recently.
  • Grumpy_old_git_3
    Options
    I recently had a debit of £18.50 to WP-SCOACH ETICKET STOCKPORT after some head scratching discovered 'her indoors' had lent her card to our son to buy a 'Stage Coach' bus ticket to London so all was well.
  • ihavenomoney16
    Options
    This has also happened to me! i havent had as much money taken off me but being a student and trying to work to keep my bills paid is hard enough... i noticed only today that i had a card payment to wp-Scoach eticket, and ever since the first of these charges which i have two of, i have now got 250 pounds of charges as i went overdrawn! this is rediculous! and now abbey will not repay me as they believe this is not their fault. This took the majority of my bills money and now i have to work 6 days a week at least and still attend classes everyday to pay bills!
    abbey are rubbish!
  • JungleMartin
    Options
    I spotted a transaction I didn't recognise on my Barclaycard credit card account. The retailer name was WP-scoach Eticket, and when I Googled that it brought me to this forum thread.

The amount was £4.00 and it said the town was Stockport and a signature was used rather than PIN. (I can see these details on my Barclaycard online banking.) I rang Barclaycard this morning to tell them I didn't recognise the transaction. They said the transaction was made on the Internet and that 'signature used' actually means PIN not used (because you can't use your chip PIN on the 'net). So although it says signature used, that's a bit misleading.

I still didn't recognise the transaction so Barclaycard said they would reverse it. I asked whether I'd be issed with a new card but they said no, but if I see any other suspicious transactions they will of course reverse them too. (I'm not concerned because I know that due to our good law in this area I'm not liable for them.) One might expect Barclaycard to cancel this card as a matter of routine/policy but I don't want to judge them too soon on that - I wonder if leaving the card active will give them a better chance of catching the fraudster. I'm sure they will put a 'watch' on the account.

Needless to say, I will be keeping an even closer eye on my account to see whether any more suspicious transactions appear.

However, after I've given it some time, I think I'll request a new card number for my own peace of mind.
  • benwrigley
    benwrigley Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've now been hit by this on Capital one. Can't believe after 6 years there isn't software to catch these by now!

I've also found a transaction for WP - The cloud network. Is this related do you think?
  • kevin52
    kevin52 Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    I recently bought rail tickest from magabus.com and the payment appeared as WP Stagecoach. The amount was small, £2/3, so I was amazed when my bank, Nationwide, phoned me in case any fraudently activity had taken place. Having read this thread I understand why.
  • sygmaklient
    Options
    When I found this thread I couldn't believe how many people have been robbed by those thieves. Yesterday I've discovered 3 suspicious transactions on my Polish Sygma Bank MasterCard. One of them was WP-SCOACH ETICKET STOCKPORT (19,17 PLN). However there were two other much bigger payments: 1201,73 PLN at AIRMOLDOVA CHISINAU (WHERE T.F.???) and 735,65 PLN at Shop Casualclub, LUGANO.

Guess I'll have to be more careful next time....
  • useless_git_requires_wife
    Options
    When I found this thread I couldn't believe how many people have been robbed by those thieves. Yesterday I've discovered 3 suspicious transactions on my Polish Sygma Bank MasterCard. One of them was WP-SCOACH ETICKET STOCKPORT (19,17 PLN). However there were two other much bigger payments: 1201,73 PLN at AIRMOLDOVA CHISINAU (WHERE T.F.???) and 735,65 PLN at Shop Casualclub, LUGANO.

Guess I'll have to be more careful next time....

Chisinau is the capital of Moldova (AIRMOLDOVA).

Could be the thief is from there or has connections to there.
    ''apply within'' :)
  • PrincessPlaty
    Options
    Just noticed a transaction on my bank statement for £4 to Stagecoach.
    Googled it and found this thread.

However after just ringing the bank i realised this was actually for wifi usage on east midlands trains and the bank have just confirmed this is the case also so unsure as to why it is showing up as stagecoach.
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just noticed a transaction on my bank statement for £4 to Stagecoach.
    Googled it and found this thread.

However after just ringing the bank i realised this was actually for wifi usage on east midlands trains and the bank have just confirmed this is the case also so unsure as to why it is showing up as stagecoach.

Because East Midlands trains are owned and run by Stagecoach
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport