We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Ugg Boots from £62 delivered

Options

Comments

• murph
    Options
    Hi - just wondering if anyone has used www.uggboots-uk.com? The boots on the site look genuine but at £79, I wonder if they really are. Would really appreciate feedback if anyone has ordered from them.Thanks
  • mookie
    mookie Posts: 2,655 Forumite
    Options
    murph wrote: »
    Hi - just wondering if anyone has used www.uggboots-uk.com? The boots on the site look genuine but at £79, I wonder if they really are. Would really appreciate feedback if anyone has ordered from them.Thanks

There has been several posts about this site in the last few pages, fake boots or non delivery. People have lost their money.

Steer well clear, if the main stockists are out of stock then as yourself where are these unauthorised stockists getting their stock from? They wil be fake or non existent! Ugg Australia only has selected online retailers of their boots. I know you will pay more but that will be the only was to avoid disappointment or losing £79.

Ugg australia has stock right now, Cozyboots too (they work out cheaper but you will get stung customs charges). I have checked other sites where boots were working out cheap last year they still have little or no stock or no longer ship to the UK. Bootbarn is a good site, they have genuine boots and lower chance of customs but again they have limited stock and styles.

If you cant get a good deal from a trusted site in the US then save up until you can afford to buy from an authorised UK stockist. Another way of getting a cheaper pair is if you can fit into a kids size they come up slightly bigger and I think the US6 which is a UK5 in the kids sizes will fit up to a UK size 5.5.

Hope this helps. :D
  • murph
    Options
    Hi
    Sorry but I couldn't find any reference specifically to the site http://www.uggboots-uk.com.I can find lots about uggs-boots.co.uk, but this appears to be a different company or at least the web site looks different. Will chck out some of the others you suggested. Thanks
  • whizzkid_3
    whizzkid_3 Posts: 430 Forumite
    Options
    can someone close this thread ?

159 pages on ugg boots!! unbelievable !!
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Check it out yourself :confused:

http://www.whois-search.com/whois/www.uggboots-uk.com

It's only been in operation a few weeks and only gives a disposable gmail address as contact on the site. Would you risk your money?
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • Sammy_Girl
    Sammy_Girl Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    Just bought some tall chesnut UK8 from footnotes.com and they accepted my order to ship internationally. The boots were $160 and in the sale section they had the brown flip flops at $15!! So $175 total plus standard shipping and currency change came to about £120 in total. The customs charge seems to be somewhat hit and miss though, so fingers crossed I won't get stung :o

I'm so excited :D . Roll on a nice cold, crisp winter :D
  • hellofromcat
    Options
    I've just found this website called Treat Yourself Online and they do Ugg cardi boots for £79.99. Has anyone ordered from them before. They look genuine to me but I just want to doublecheck!

Hi, I just ordered some boots from this site, and now feel very dubious about it. I've just come across this forum while searching to see if they are dodgy! Has anyone else ordered from them? I emailed to ask if the boots were genuine Deckers ones and received a very ambiguous reply which didn't answer my question. I've asked again, and asked to cancel my order if they are not.

I got some from eBay earlier in the year which are definitely fakes - I didn't pay that much for them, and in all honesty, they look really good, but I would like some real ones now.
  • mookie
    mookie Posts: 2,655 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Sorry but I couldn't find any reference specifically to the site http://www.uggboots-uk.com.I can find lots about uggs-boots.co.uk, but this appears to be a different company or at least the web site looks different. Will chck out some of the others you suggested. Thanks

Really its not worth the risk, the name is too similar the prices are too low and they seem to have way too much stock. I would also be dubious with the Paypal option being offered every Ugg boot scam for the past year has accepted Paypal (and they do nothing to help if all goes wrong). Just my opinion. HTH
  • LGG_2
    LGG_2 Posts: 489 Forumite
    Options
    Could anyone advise on any overseas cheap sites where to get offical uggs. checked out this thread a while back but sites such as aussie direct dont ship overseas now. anyone know of anywhere else
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport