We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Ugg Boots from £62 delivered

Options

Comments

• *speed-queen*
    Options
    hi guys,

well i have read the whole thread and i thought I might put in my twopenneth!

I have 2 Genuine pairs of ugg boots from Ebay and have just ordered my 3rd
    I dont go for the cheapest, I go for a seller who is a power seller and has a good refunds policy such as " If you are not happy with your item we will give you a 100% refund"

I also look at their feedback and other products they sell

I have not yet recieved my boots from the new people i have just ordered my 3rd pair from, so wont reccomend them as yet

Another tip is look at the ugg boots buying guys on ebay I have found them incredibly helpfull, I wait till my ugg boots are in hand ( well i check the picture before i buy them for any abvious fakeness!) and i read the ebay how to spot a fake guides whilst examening my boots!

One really usefull tip is one i read on here from deckers themselves that said hold the black of the heel support between your thumb and forefinger and squezze. if you get a small pop or click everytime you do it they are genuine

and one seller I would reccomend ( someone asked about them earlier) although i havnt bought off them is http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Ruffle-Tuffles

She or he has great feedback, good prices for uggs ( but not so low its too good to be true) and the main reason I am confidant they are genuine is she sells the leopard and paisly styles that only came out this year, that have not been faked yet

i will let you know how i get on with my latest pair, but if they are fake ( and to be honest its pretty easy to tell ) rest assured i will be sending them back, and taking my own advice and buying off Ruffle-Tuffles, the only reason i didnt buy off them anyway was because the other shop i ordered from is uk based to no chance of customs charges!

One last point, i think i will also be buying myself some kiwisheepskins from their site, just to compare them with deckers, i have had a few people reccomend them, they are much cheaper than deckers, good designs, and for that amount of money its worth a go even if i end up just using them as slippers!

sorry to go on

xXx
  • *speed-queen*
    Options
    oooh also

normal Clarks suede protector spray works well on them, just give them a good spray all over every now and again and they are more protected from rain etc and dirt tends to brush off more easily

thanks
  • Charl__x
    Charl__x Posts: 272 Forumite
    Options
    Agree with what you stated , i got on the defensive because out of no blue , this is the second time my site have been mentioned in this post if you check back to page 104 i believe, back in november.

Coments like this hurt a company specialy a new company groving up, and this time decided to step in and make my point instead of let people presume comments about uggs boots uk .

Didn't got a negative comment before and will not get a negative now , specialy because i'm proud to have a great customers service and treat every customer equaly and i'm sure i sell genuine boots.

Expensive yes but let me tell you something

Example

ugg Australia tall US price $120 + $33 shipping = $155usd / 2 = £77

£77 you can get the real deal from us if you have the right people over there
    so if i sell at £124.99 still a big proffit range of £48

Customs sometimes you pay sometimes you don't (depends how lacy customs guy is )

120usd value = to 11% customs as you have to know how to import and not just pay high rate that is why you have import products code ect when you declare the goods i could continue for hours.......

And this is my last post as i should have not reply in the first place.

Thank You and good luck with your life

Oh dear...

aren't these the guys who were recently proved to be fake by TS? I found this post from back in March. I am so glad I never took the risk with these cowboys. I see their sales team aren't quick to come on here now with their bullshine, not after their "genuine" boots have been inspected.

These people just don't have a conscience... :mad:

EDIT: Here is their supposed contact info for those interested (granted, it has probably changed now)

Name: Juan Portos
    94 Geoffrey Road
    London
    SE4 INU

Tel:08453886208
  • serenitysue
    serenitysue Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you. Having bought several pairs of Ugg boots over the last year or so, some from Ugg Australia with the Decker's UGG label as well as generic Ugg boots from Aussie and Kiwi companies, I have to state that the latter are far superior in comfort, quality and price.

I long since came to the conclusion that Decker's are profiteering on the brand name by using sweatshops in China to produce these boots and they are vastly inferior to generic Uggs.

oh how i agree Chameleon,
    i have had several pairs of the deckers, 1 pair being fake, 1 pair damaged and another pair i returned to the shop for an immediate refund due to being inferior to a pair of jumbo uggs which i already owned.
    my jumbo uggs which are australian made are so soft and thick and superior quality. i'm thinking of trying the kiwi sheepskin ones this winter but have heard they are much wider around the calves, i have skinny legs so thats bad news lol!!! can anyone advise if they are wide please? thanks x
  • Sandgrownun
    Sandgrownun Posts: 109 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone - I've been a regular lurker on this thread from when it was in it's early pages but I rarely post!

I'm going to order a pair of tall chestnut Canterbury's from Hartings (from reading this thread it seems that Canterbury's are a good bet, and the website is reliable too) this week for my birthday so I just wanted to double check whether anyone had had problems with either Canterburys or Hartings as I'm always wary about ordering from abroad, due to probs sending back etc.

I've read that they are wider around the calf (which is good as it makes them easier to wear with skinny jeans) and also more or less the same sizing as Ugg Australia boots (I take a 6 in Deckers Uggs but am a size 7 in real life).

Cheers in advance for any comments on this.
  • moneysaver
    moneysaver Posts: 826 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,
    My wife has just bought a pair of http://www.celtic-sheepskin.co.uk boots. Ordered Monday delivered Tuesday, fantastic quality & shipped from the UK. She wanted to be a bit more individual so did not want Uggs. A bonus for me was they are a bit cheaper than Uggs. So I would highly recommend
    them.

Moneysaver
  • LTSDS
    LTSDS Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    OPEN PLEA TO UGGS-BOOTS.CO.UK/MR PORTOS

I have joined this forum in desperation and in the hope that you still watch this thread,we ordered a pair of classic tall uggs ugly size 5 in pink on 03/06/08 price £139.99 paid via NOCHEX.We re-submitted order info on 14/06/08,the boots still have not arrived yet and you are not answering any emails,furthermore your 0845 telephone number(shared with MOBILE -TAN.CO.UK)has only ever come back with the message"the other caller has cleared".The facts are that we have paid you £139.99 and have recieved no goods and it seems thier is no way of contacting you.
    Please help us Mr PORTOS.

regards
    LTSDS
  • jojo1978_3
    jojo1978_3 Posts: 1,432 Forumite
    Options
    katedil wrote: »
    I'm new to this..I already have two pairs of genuine deckers uggs one was bought back from america for me and the others are from scotts.

Now I'm after a pair of chestnut short uggs for summer
    Anyone heard of this website http://www.silkenboots.com ????
    Please let me know..They seem really cheap. I've emailed and asked how they can sell them so cheap but was just wondering if anyone else has ever dealt with them?

Thanks

Kate

This site looks really dodgy and can only be contacted by a gmail address-i wouldn't use it.

I am looking to get some black or chestnut tall GENUINE Uggs, can anyone advise me where to purchase these from? I am also a uk size 8, and am getting really confused by the sizing, what should i be looking for?
    Thanks in advance.

Jo
    :)Henry James Born 18/03/2011-11 days late!:)

• mamamoo_3
    mamamoo_3 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone - I've been a regular lurker on this thread from when it was in it's early pages but I rarely post!

I'm going to order a pair of tall chestnut Canterbury's from Hartings (from reading this thread it seems that Canterbury's are a good bet, and the website is reliable too) this week for my birthday so I just wanted to double check whether anyone had had problems with either Canterburys or Hartings as I'm always wary about ordering from abroad, due to probs sending back etc.

I've read that they are wider around the calf (which is good as it makes them easier to wear with skinny jeans) and also more or less the same sizing as Ugg Australia boots (I take a 6 in Deckers Uggs but am a size 7 in real life).

Cheers in advance for any comments on this.

I got some Canterburys from Hartings for Xmas. Fantastic and far superior to the black short Uggs I got from Bootbarn (def originals). I went for the ones with the tread. Delivery took 3 weeks (compared to Bootbarns 3 days). No customs and good customer service despite the wait but def. superior quality to Uggs. I am a 7 and ordered a 6 and they were fine.
  • jojo1978_3
    jojo1978_3 Posts: 1,432 Forumite
    Options
    Just been to Nottingham House of Frazer and they have the cardi ugg boots in blue in the sale at £69, don't know if this is any good as i'm not after these ones.
    :)Henry James Born 18/03/2011-11 days late!:)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport