Dragon's debt diary

Options

Comments

• elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    but i bet the red wine was worth it lol...maybe do you some good to take a break anyway as youve been through enough recently (although it would be better if it happened once you were settled in )
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    Yes! all unpacked, my CC is squeaking from paying out for furniture & the place looks like a tip but we are getting there!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    1. Save a minimum of £200 towards a trip to Japan

2. Not buy any more cross stitch stash but use what I have! (unless I really have to get something to finish a project off)

3. Get the house sorted

4. Lose 2 stone in weight
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,454 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good luck with your challanges The Dragon!
    Take care
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    The_Dragon wrote: »
    1. Save a minimum of £200 towards a trip to Japan

2. Not buy any more cross stitch stash but use what I have! (unless I really have to get something to finish a project off)

3. Get the house sorted

4. Lose 2 stone in weight

Okay the challenges have changed slightly! I got my CC statement and whimpered! what with buying furniture and Christmas and , ..... and, ..... well you get the picture! my main goal now is to get my CC back to a level I can cope with again! This means I want to save about £2,000 this year, the not buying any stash will help with this indeed I may never buy stash again LOL, I have just renegotiated my Orange bill so that is a saving of about £5-£10 per month, if I stop going to the pub then I will a) lose weight and b) save money! (I am not going to cut out going completely but only once a week to meet my friends not 2 or 3 times as is happening at the moment!)

Anybody have any ideas on how to earn money when I cannot work due to my disability?
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    Okay CC still in dire straits, savings not happening!!!, I think I need a couple of Hypno style months to get me back on track!

Eostara happens this coming week and we are going to see family (cheap holiday!), once we get back from there I need to sit down and sort stuff out,

a) start tracking my food again (this way I should lose weight as should DrDragon AND we should be able to budget food AND money better!)
    b) aim to pay off £150 per month on the CC and not put any more on - granted there will be interest but if that is it then I should be able to cope
    c) salt money away into a savings account - for either a holiday OR to pay the final settlement on the CC
  • bank_of_slate
    bank_of_slate Posts: 12,922 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Dragon,
    There's always something that pops up to scupper your plans at the last minute isn't there?
    Don't let it get you down hun!
    ...Linda xx
    It's easy to give in to that negative voice that chants "cant do it" BUT we lift each other up.
    We dont count all the runners ahead of us & feel intimidated.
    Instead we look back proudly at our journey, our personal struggle & determination & remember that there are those that never even attempt to reach the starting line.
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    Hi Dragon,
    There's always something that pops up to scupper your plans at the last minute isn't there?
    Don't let it get you down hun!
    ...Linda xx

Thanks Linda - I think part of the problem was I got used to putting things on my CC when we moved, and it became a habit that I need to break and quickly! So a week on Tuesday we are really starting afresh (well we have sorted started this week as we planned a menu for the week that used store cupboard items, so we don't have a fridge full of "stuff" when we are planning on going away for 4 days!)

I have just found a way to save another £90 a year as well - woo hoo!!!!
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    Okay for the knackered challenge I have cleaned the bathroom (less the floor as I cannot clean that)

On top of that I have cancelled an on-line membership that will save me £90 a year AND got three letters sorted and a couple of phone calls - I am feeling good! I have the membership until the end of June and in that time I will have sorted out a free substitute
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    I was a good Dragon today! I thought about going to the pub for lunch (in too much pain to think about cooking), and I DIDN'T! So that is £15 saved :beer:

So this afternoon I am making a chick pea and potato curry, and stitching - the curry is using store cupboard items (very DFW!) and the stitching is using my stash up :D, I might try doing some photos of the house now the boxes are out of the way as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport