Have yourself a Crafty Christmas

2»

Comments

• craftingmad
    craftingmad Forumite Posts: 2,419
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Last year I bought a plain hessian stocking and decorated it with buttons and felt hearts for my mum, as she'd said the previous year that she'd never had a stocking :)

this year I am thinking of getting one of these and decorating it with words or pictures cut from old fabric. she likes her tote bags when she's shopping and they'll come in handy now with the carrier bag charge

Hi WeAreGhosts,

Love the idea about shopping bags - I've got a couple in my stash somewhere so may pretty these up to make a couple of gifts.

If you have a hobbycraft store near you then you may be able to get them even cheaper - think I saw them for £1 when I was in there last :)
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • craftingmad
    Forumite
    meg72 wrote: »
    This is last years photo but am making the same again this year.

PIC00017.jpg

Love all of these - thanks you for the inspiration :)
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • craftingmad
    Forumite
    JuzaMum wrote: »
    I look forward to seeing everyones ideas. I plan to make some reusable shopping bags, very handy now we are going to have to pay for carrier bags, something like a Morsbag (morsbag.com). I am looking for ideas for my childrens' school Xmas Bazaar. So far I have made some octopus' out of some wool I was given and some gnomes.

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

These are both so cute - is it wool you have used for the gnomes beards? I too would love patterns and instructions for them :)
    Thanks so much for sharing :)
  • craftingmad
    Forumite
    nimbo wrote: »
    We often make thing for people to eat - and give hampers...

I am however skint this year so will be trying to make some bits - from stash - i'm just very time poor at the minute too...

I'm off to dig out a recipe for gingerbread from the other year as it was awesome I didn't have the right type of sugar so totally winged it using up random abgd of what whe ahd and it was super sexy...

yum yum - I would love that recipe if you don't mind - :)
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Forumite Posts: 3,097
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi WeAreGhosts,

Love the idea about shopping bags - I've got a couple in my stash somewhere so may pretty these up to make a couple of gifts.

If you have a hobbycraft store near you then you may be able to get them even cheaper - think I saw them for £1 when I was in there last :)

thanks for that. i will look when i'm next there.

i have found one on ebay for 99p - will see what the quality's like of those :)
  • PlymouthMaid
    PlymouthMaid Forumite Posts: 1,550
    Seventh Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Last year I made boxes of biscotti and also woollen hats. This year so far I have made a cowl for OH and also picked a ton of sloes for sloe gin. I usually make some socks for my daughters but a bit behind at present.
    "'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, this life
    Try to make ends meet
    You're a slave to money then you die"
  • meg72
    meg72 Forumite Posts: 5,164
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    eres a link to my thread for some of last years makes

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5061220
    Slimming World at target
  • meg72
    meg72 Forumite Posts: 5,164
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Slimming World at target
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Forumite Posts: 7,254
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 10 October 2015 at 6:51PM
    Last week in Aldi -in Ireland- they had calico bags @E1.......our shop doesn't open until later in the year so I don't know if they are selling them in UK... would think so.

Could you not make bags out of plain sheeting or curtain lining and embellish? Or use fabric paint when they are flat and then sew them up?

Different idea entirely
    Have you seen these really easy triangular boxes? You only need to be able to score 4 lines and punch 4 holes!! I made one out of A4 card and it just about held a pair of gloves and a pair of socks. Great for table favours or teeny ones with choc inside for a different type of Advent calendar suspended from a painted twig.(Put numbers on the front instead of flower etc)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34H4kAd4TKA
    I'm told they look very effective in vellum
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022 Stash busting: in 2023. 83 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 28 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 45 cards, 6 lavender bags,12 crochet angels,8 woven bones, 3 owls = total 235...£84.17 spent
  • Jollymum
    Jollymum Forumite Posts: 7
    Seventh Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've just made some chilli and tomato jam for Christmas presents, my relatives love it and it's lush with Christmas cheese :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 340.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 448.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 231.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 603.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.6K Life & Family
  • 245.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure