Options
124»

Comments

• missbiggles1
    missbiggles1 Posts: 17,481 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    fluffypaws wrote: »
    probably not a job i was suitable for. doesn't mean i'm now unemployable, there is hope, i already feel better thinking about doing other things. missbiggles seems to have it in for me too .. :)

Where did that come from?
  • Gingernutty
    Options
    Well, I must be the exception but I think you're daft to just jack in a job like that in a recession. I hope you don't need a reference or to claim JSA!
    Where did that come from?

You effectively called her "daft".
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • missbiggles1
    missbiggles1 Posts: 17,481 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You effectively called her "daft".

That's me being polite!:D

We were asked to give our opinions, not just to agree with what the OP was planning to do.
  • xapprenticex
    Options
    Anywho, let us know how it goes in finding something else. Best of luck.
  • FBaby
    FBaby Posts: 18,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    fluffypaws wrote: »
    Just to let some people know, I know if you were in this situation you would have the confidence to ignore it and brush if off, everyone is different remember - This was humiliating for me and since i had lost trust in my co-workers I could make no other decision.

I think you are doing the right thing looking for another job, you cannot work in an environment when you constantly feel that people are talking behind your back like that. You will at best become paranoid, at worse develop anxiety issues.

However, I wouldn't leave thinking that the end situation was only due to the staff. It is very possible that you were indeed not very good at the job. It might be that it is only as a result of the duties specific to the job, but maybe there are issues that could affect other position.

If you could find it in yourself to do it -and yes, it would take quite some confidence to do it -, when you find another job, do actually ask those horrible people what made you so bad at the job. They will feel very exposed and that might help them realise that their behaviour was uncalled for, but they might tell you some things, that although might not be nice to hear, might be things you could reflect on and see how indeed, they are some aspects that you could concentrate on to improve your performance.

Good luck in the future, and remember that any negative experience is an opportunity to learn from it and use it to evolve.
  • fluffypaws
    Options
    FBaby wrote: »
    I think you are doing the right thing looking for another job, you cannot work in an environment when you constantly feel that people are talking behind your back like that. You will at best become paranoid, at worse develop anxiety issues.

However, I wouldn't leave thinking that the end situation was only due to the staff. It is very possible that you were indeed not very good at the job. It might be that it is only as a result of the duties specific to the job, but maybe there are issues that could affect other position.

If you could find it in yourself to do it -and yes, it would take quite some confidence to do it -, when you find another job, do actually ask those horrible people what made you so bad at the job. They will feel very exposed and that might help them realise that their behaviour was uncalled for, but they might tell you some things, that although might not be nice to hear, might be things you could reflect on and see how indeed, they are some aspects that you could concentrate on to improve your performance.

Good luck in the future, and remember that any negative experience is an opportunity to learn from it and use it to evolve.

thankyou this is good advice. perhaps i should think about if my nerves effected me so much that it made me unsuitable for this role. I wished they could have been honest with me up front, if they were sure there was a problem.
  • rover2000
    Options
    Fluffy paws they should've given you some constructive criticism if they didn't think you were performing your duties, then given you the chance to put it right.
    !!!!!ing about you behind your back achieves nothing.
    I suspect you weren't the first person to be treated like this and you won't be the last.
    If it was me, I would have asked how I was doing.
    The soap I would have put in the staff toilets. I am probably a lot older than you and I like to wind people like this up.
    Good luck in finding a new job x
  • xapprenticex
    Options
    From personal experience (school) i had a group of girls laughing at me on my first day at secondary school because my dad made me wear silly looking shoes as punishment for misbehaving. I cant believe I feel for it, he said "what shoes do you want", I answered and he picked the complete opposite.

Anyway, what I did is bide my time and approach each girl when they were not in a group, verbally rip them the shreads then move on to the next, by the end of the year we were all friends and one even decided to fancy me.

Point im making is they tend to be cowards when alone (male and female), but big and brave when in packs. Use that to your advantage.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure