Just overheard being called useless at work, ongoing issue, want to leave

Options

Comments

• rover2000
    Options
    Good luck. Can't you just ignore them until then? It seems they are feeding on your lack of confidence. You are better than them.
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    I can't believe you are having no luck in the care sector - they are usually crying out for people! And you sound nice.

Look up local care homes in the area, and spend a nice sunny day once you have stopped work walking round, seeing what you think of them, and hand-delivering a letter with your CV and covering letter saying you have always really wanted to work in care, and would they be interested in trying you out, maybe? to any that you like the look of. (Stress that you could respond quickly to a telephone call, to be a short notice fill in person, if this is the case!)
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • vegasvisitor
    Options
    That's awful, but I also think you will feel better if you don't have to go back. If it's not too late though, could you take this higher in the management chain to try to get it resolved? People don't really change, but they can perhaps be made to behave a bit better (at least enough time for you to look for something else). If they are treating everybody like this though you would wonder about their staff turnover!
  • fluffypaws
    Options
    lesley74 wrote: »
    That's awful, but I also think you will feel better if you don't have to go back. If it's not too late though, could you take this higher in the management chain to try to get it resolved? People don't really change, but they can perhaps be made to behave a bit better (at least enough time for you to look for something else). If they are treating everybody like this though you would wonder about their staff turnover!

i've already gone :) if i am contacted by higher management perhaps i would explain things. Right now i just want to forget it and move on. I think i would have got the silent treatment if i stayed and went to the regional manager, which could be worse than being !!!!!ed about :(
  • missbiggles1
    missbiggles1 Posts: 17,481 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, I must be the exception but I think you're daft to just jack in a job like that in a recession. I hope you don't need a reference or to claim JSA!
  • fluffypaws
    Options
    Well, I must be the exception but I think you're daft to just jack in a job like that in a recession. I hope you don't need a reference or to claim JSA!
    i hope so too!
  • xapprenticex
    Options
    AS stated, there should be plenty care jobs around, go entry level and work your way up. It takes a special kind of person to care for others (im not one of them ill be honest) and there is not many about.
  • Topcat1982
    Options
    fluffypaws wrote: »
    i've already gone :) if i am contacted by higher management perhaps i would explain things. Right now i just want to forget it and move on. I think i would have got the silent treatment if i stayed and went to the regional manager, which could be worse than being !!!!!ed about :(

How did they react?
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    fluffypaws, how will you cope if the same things happen at your next job and one after that and one after that?
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • xapprenticex
    xapprenticex Posts: 1,760 Forumite
    edited 2 September 2015 at 8:48PM
    Options
    ohreally wrote: »
    fluffypaws, how will you cope if the same things happen at your next job and one after that and one after that?

She can cross that bridge if she has to cross it, otherwise whats the point dwelling on very worse case scenarios.

We would all be in mental asylums...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport