Conned by Talk Talk - warning

Options
Just wanted to warn people about signing up online to Talk Talk. I thought I was getting a decent deal with half price calls/TV and added Fibre. All very nice. Cheaper than BT so I was quite happy. Then it all went a bit wrong. I prepaid for the line rental as it was cheaper. On the day of the switch, I got an email saying I'd cancelled my Fibre. I hadn't so I called and they had cancelled it as there had been a problem. The line didn't get up and running (and still isn't!) but because they couldn't do the fibre, they removed the half price call plan (for 18 months). THis was without telling me

I was put on the standard £20 per month package with no fibre and no TV and no discounts. When I called to query this, as it wasn't what I signed up for, they said they couldn't then apply the 18 months because I'd signed up for it online - and 'they hadn't offered it to me'. That's a new one!

So I am on a more expensive package than BT with worse service (i.e. the broadband still isn't working) and they are not providing what I signed up for. Sigh.

I am not sure I'll be able to get out of it but wanted to warn other people off Talk Talk and the offers they have online as there is nothing to stop them suddenly deciding you can't use them and not letting you know before you switch
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure