MSE News: Many left without wages following HSBC payments glitch

Options
Many have complained on social media about not receiving wages, just hours before the long bank holiday weekend begins...
Read the full story:

Many left without wages following HSBC payments glitch

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,064 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Been able to log in, once at 3am and other time about an hour ago.

All staff (as far as I'm aware) have been paid. Not had any calls from the office (I'm at home today) to suggest otherwise.
    💙💛 💔
  • gerturdeanna
    gerturdeanna Posts: 4,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No-one at our work has been paid wages - I've not got much food in the cupboards and school uniform to still buy for 2 children going back to school on Wednesday!
    This has at least taught me that I need to create a emergency buffer pot of money!!
    Made it - 15 years married!! Finally!! xx:beer:
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,064 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    No-one at our work has been paid wages - I've not got much food in the cupboards and school uniform to still buy for 2 children going back to school on Wednesday!
    This has at least taught me that I need to create a emergency buffer pot of money!!

Ouch! I feel sorry for you :(

Hope its up again soon!
    💙💛 💔
  • BeansOnToast_2
    Options

Preferably in a second account in a separate bank from your main one.
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,670 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Interestingly I've been making payments to and from my HSBC account today and they've gone through instantly. So FP system for them seems to be ok.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Options
    jimjames wrote: »
    Interestingly I've been making payments to and from my HSBC account today and they've gone through instantly. So FP system for them seems to be ok.
    Its the business side not the personal
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,647 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Feel sorry for anyone expecting to complete a house sale/purchase where the solicitor uses HSBC for their business banking then!

It's strange how these problems often manifest on a Friday.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    Feel sorry for anyone expecting to complete a house sale/purchase where the solicitor uses HSBC for their business banking then!

It's strange how these problems often manifest on a Friday.

Highly unlikely that any house payment transactions would have been impacted as the issue appears to have been with HSBC applying BACS DCs and the vast majority of house payments will use either CHAPS or FPS.

Please do enlighten us with your analysis of the last 5 years banking problems by day of the week to prove your contention that Friday is a bigger issue than any other day.
  • 10pence
    10pence Posts: 348 Forumite
    Options
    agrinnall wrote: »
    Highly unlikely that any house payment transactions would have been impacted as the issue appears to have been with HSBC applying BACS DCs and the vast majority of house payments will use either CHAPS or FPS.

Please do enlighten us with your analysis of the last 5 years banking problems by day of the week to prove your contention that Friday is a bigger issue than any other day.

HSBC Business banking customer cannot make faster payments - witnessed this first hand via a client who needed to send funds to me yesterday but couldn't; first the website went down when upon returning no FP allowed.
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Options
    harz99 is correct. A couple sat waiting outside their new house with a removal van had to put it all in storage and pay for a hotel for 4 nights until the £ clears on Tuesday. Think it was on BBC News 24 & Sky News.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure