feeling sad

I posted a while ago about Bonnie my lurcher being diagnosed with KidneyFailure, took her the vets this morning as she is losing a bit of weight.

They have advised they think she is in the final stages and have given her avitamin b injection and a steroid injection.

Dont really know much about how long left or if these injections will make abig difference.

:(:(

Comments

• Wellyboots6
    Wellyboots6 Posts: 2,735 Forumite
    How awful.
    I suppose all you can do is give her lots of cuddles and help her enjoy herself as much as possible.
    Just take each day as it comes and enjoy being with each other.
    Hugs x
  • So sorry to see that.

The blessing is that pets are not self pitying so she will be herself, and just love the fuss and love you can give her.

Agree to take it day by day, and just make the most of the precious time you have xx
  • jrtfan
    jrtfan Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'm so sorry for your news.

Again, I agree to make the most of each day and take each one as it comes. Maybe if she's well enough, revisit some of her favourite haunts. We did that earlier this year when my last dog (my avatar) had advanced terminal cancer and we didn't know how long he had left, either.

My heart goes out to you. x
  • Apjs87
    Apjs87 Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I have just had my dog put to sleep due to this horrible disease. If she is having more bad days than good, you know it's time.

My heart goes out to you in this time as I fully understand
  • Polmop
    Polmop Posts: 662 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Apjs87 wrote: »
    I have just had my dog put to sleep due to this horrible disease. If she is having more bad days than good, you know it's time.

My heart goes out to you in this time as I fully understand

So sorry for you. Its awful watching them. She would be OK if I could get her to eat. She has turned her nose up at chicken and lamb mince tonight
  • paddypaws101
    paddypaws101 Posts: 2,093 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Polmop wrote: »
    So sorry for you. Its awful watching them. She would be OK if I could get her to eat. She has turned her nose up at chicken and lamb mince tonight
    can you ask the vet for an appetite stimulant? or an ant-acid which can have the same effect.
  • aww the poor thing, its horrible to see them suffering xx
  • Polmop
    Polmop Posts: 662 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Just said goodbye to her. Devastated.
    I have asked for a cremation so she an go in the front garden. She loved lying there watching the world go round
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    So sorry to hear that polmop. It seems so cruel that they get such a short time. Take care of yourself.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • I am sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you. xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport