The next chapter ....

Options

Comments

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Cashed out £10 from a survey site, had to go for a voucher rather than cash but it is for a supermarket so rather than count it in my normal savings I will put it away in my christmas box :)
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Second estate agent has been, he reckons £175-£180k too :j :j Just waiting to hear back from the windows people now then I can get going!

A fairly straightforward day at work today, tesco shopping is due in the next half an hour or so, then its the usual dinner / homework / bath routine :)
  • benbenandme
    Options
    And forgot to mention when I got to work this morning there was a letter on my desk telling me I had a yearly payrise, it's nothing huge (approx £600 in total) and by the time you've taken out the pro rata bit and pension contributions etc it works out I et about an extra £30 a month, but that's still another £30 each month going into the savings pot, and it also means my total salary figure is better when I come to apply for a mortgage :T :T
  • dingaling
    dingaling Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello! Major lurker here coming out of the shadows! I have read your diaries right from the start and they have been so motivating:) I love your drive.

I just wanted to add that I used on line agents to sell my house, saving me £3000. I used Hatched, they were very very good and will definitely use them again. They valued, took the photos and put it on line (right move etc) then arranged viewings, I took the prospective buyers round. They then did the negotiations. I think I paid around £400 or so 3 years ago.

Not sure who you were planning to use, but I tell everyone about the savings I made there! Paid for some work to be done on the new house.

Xxx
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Aagh, the weekend, and breathe :D:D It's been a full-on week this week at work, I'm so ready for the weekend ;) I'm already in my pj's, a couple of nice candles are lit, I've hoovered through and it's now chilling out time :)

Last night I had my haircut which took 3 hours, so tonight I have no plans other than to sit on the sofa with my laptop :D

The lady is coming round on Monday after work to measure up the windows and then I can really get on with this moving malarky. Hopefully this weekend I can look for some ways to get a few more pennies rolling in as that seems to have dried up a bit recently.

Currently I have very little planned for this weekend; ds is going to play tennis with some mates on Sunday, I will see Mum tomorrow, there's footie to watch, and there's washing and ironing to catch up with. Other than that I can please myself :)
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Sorry, also meant to say hello Dingaling and thanks for posting, it feels strange when someone says they've been reading my ramblings since the beginning - I have rambled a lot over the years :rotfl: Now that you;ve de-lurked please keep posting :D
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Morning :) I have just claimed a £10 voucher from a survey site, I think I may be in for a fun day today - ds decided to try and stay awake all night last night, he managed until about 5am and fell asleep, and has woken up at 7 ... gonna be a long day!! :D
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Ds hasn't been too grumpy at all after all today, we've had quite a chilled day, we did some homework this morning then went to Mums, took her and the dog for a walk at the beach then she came back to mine. I took her home mid-afternoon and since then have mooched about a bit, kept an eye on the footie etc. I have done two loads of washing and a tesco food order for tomorrow.

I have also decided that enough is enough and tomorrow is the day I finally get my @rse into gear and sort out my eating again. I did so well last year but I have let myself get back to square one again :( Hardly anything fits me anymore, I get puffed out walking up the stairs, it's all a bit rubbish - this time last year I was running 3 times a week. I am going to do Couch to 5K again, it worked last time. If I'm honest I was pretty good until I found out I'd got a place in the marathon and then the pressure of planning a training plan etc seemed to put me off and I have done less and less until I'm now at the point where I have put back on all the weight I'd lost (2 stone) :o

For the first week the plan is to stick to the calorie limit (using MyFitnessPal) and charge up my Fitbit and do 10,000 steps a day (minimum). I also want to get back to the gym, I need to see which evenings I can go this week.
  • dangers
    dangers Posts: 1,456 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Did you not sign up to Bounts? I've signed up to the Premium + and get 40 points a day for doing 14,000 steps a day. I've already claimed a £10 voucher and am rapidly heading towards my next voucher.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    I did, I'd forgotten as I've been so bad with it all :o I will log in and start collecting points :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family