water pipes from house to back yard boundary

until I moved to the house I have now, I always took out insurance to cover drain and pipes within my property. never bothered with it when I bought this house. Recently I thought I had read that theres been a change in responsibility and its now the provider who is responsible for the underground pipes between house and boundary.

Yet today I received my water bill along with an 'offer' of plumbing and drainage cover (from Homeserve). The letter says that they will in certain circumstances make a repair to a leak to the water supply under the private leak repair scheme but it wont be treated as an emergency. I assume that, for unstance, a cracked drain wont be covered by this either.
It seems a bit ambiguous to be honest and I am certain Ive seen somewhere that the pipes are now their responsibilty.


This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards