We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

UKPC Notice, Should I pay?

2»

Comments

  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 44,987 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I'm not sure whether UKPC has the facility on their website, but many PPCs do - access their website and go to the 'Pay My PCN' link and enter your details (NtK reference number etc) as if you were going to pay this.

    If it's been cancelled it will show a 'Nil' balance (or something similar), if it hasn't actually been cancelled it will show £60/£100, then you'd need to get back to McD.

    Whatever the outcome of this you should be more concerned about your health than your parking. So write to tell McD why you're going to avoid future parking charges on their premises and why your health is now going to improve, because, as a result of their employing a PPC to harass customers, you are now, permanently, an ex-customer. And tell them you will be letting all your social media friends, colleagues, family know and will be encouraging them to follow your example!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

    #Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • fcorry2008
    fcorry2008 Posts: 41 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 17 August 2015 at 12:01AM
    Cheers, yes I've checked on the website under pay charge and entered my registration and it just says 'Unable to find Parking charge' which gives me confidence it's now been removed. I agree McDonalds probably isn't the landowner, probably leasing the site or something, but they seem to have sorted this out one way or another. I must admit I was a bit flustered upon receiving this notice and not quite grasping the fact that I don't need to pay, despite reading the newbies thread. It certainly helps to have a few experts point out the key points, a top help in resolving the issue promptly, thank you all again.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.