IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN issued when driver getting change to pay.

Options
Got a PCN from a very over zealous attendant as driver went to get change for the machine. Firm is Local Parking Security Ltd. Charge is £85 reduced to £50 if paid within 14 days. On the back of the windscreen ticket it states "Due to legal procedures, it is difficult for LPS ltd to submit verbal evidence before the court." What can that possibly mean?? They also say that they will not enter into multiple appeal processes. Wondering how I should proceed. Any guidance would be valued..

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    read the NEWBIES STICKY THREAD
    check which (if any) ATA they are with

then appeal according to what you find out in line with the NEWBIES sticky thread
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As above, read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES. This is your one stop shop for all private parking queries.

Do not pay, do not ignore, do not reveal who was driving, never 'phone a parking company.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Got a PCN from a very over zealous attendant
    You will find that almost all PPC foot sloggers are over zealous, as they are under pressure to issue as many tickets as possible
    "Due to legal procedures, it is difficult for LPS ltd to submit verbal evidence before the court." What can that possibly mean??
    For want of a lack of better words, its a load of bluff bulshit and bollcks

Take the advice here posted above
    read the NEWBIES STICKY THREAD
    check which (if any) ATA they are with
    Also when you get the paperwork in the post then start to complain etc.
    You should use this time to find out who the land owner is, and research the issues.
    When you get the paperwork in the post, and you end up having to make contact with the landowner/ Local Parking Security Ltd:

Refer to the parking ticket as a speculative invoice

And state that you are challenging it and try to avoid the use of the word appeal you may want to appeal a ticket issued by a statutory authority, however as Local Parking Security Ltd are not a statutory authority or anything approaching one you have nothing to appeal, just a speculative invoice to challenge, start off by putting them on the back foot, and give the land owner as much grief as possible, keep an accurate time sheet./expenses sheet and tell the land owner that as principal they are liable for the actions of their agents and you may hold the landowner liable for your costs
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    They're in the BPA I believe.

Wait for a Notice to Keeper to be sent to the Registered Keeper (assuming the car isn't a company/lease/hire vehicle) and then submit some rubbish appeal along the lines of 'your attendant is a !!!!!!' and then wait for them to reject the appeal, supply you with a POPLA code, and then put together a detailed POPLA submission with help from this forum, along the lines that legally, this company's tickets aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

Where did this happen? Is there a specific retail outlet associated with the car park? If so, complain VERY loudly.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • pjn100
    pjn100 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    It's a very rough and ready car park in Mumbles near Swansea and not associated with a specific retail outfit.
  • pjn100
    Options
    Have traced the private landowner. Is he obliged to reply? I am working on a letter at the moment?
  • Redx
    Options
    no , but it would look better if you had contacted them as they are jointly liable for the actions of their agents, if it went to court in the future

if you dont ask, you dont get
  • pjn100
    Options
    Just wondering who should write to the landlord - the driver, keeper or passenger etc? I guess a landowner could just pass on any details received directly to the parking outfit if they saw fit.
  • Redx
    Options
    posts #4 and #5 told you when to do it, so its the person that gets the postal paperwork, if that is the RK, then the RK complains , dont be in such a hurry, follow what we are telling you
  • pjn100
    Options
    Thanks Redx - it's just that in the newbies thread it seems to say to complain to the retailer/landlord very fast. So will wait until NTK arrives before doing anything whatsoever.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure