Global Test Market

Options

Comments

• Diggle123
    Diggle123 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I agree, it's becoming a joke, also their sister company "My Survey" is just as bad
    The other favourite is a waypoint error (if you select everything below the lbl_privacy_Contactus_Link you'll find a hidden LogID reference, send that back as well. You'll still get the same garbage stock reply (I'm pretty certain they don't even READ the comments, just send out the reply whether it's relevant/applicable or not), but I've started recording all GlobalTestMarket/My survey surveys and have a hit rate of about 10%, the rest are screened out's.
    Why, we have to fill in stupid profiles before we start, and with Global Testmarkets you get those offensive "Please complete the following ... to improve your survey experience".
    Well they don't and of course being outside the survey proper it's free info that the don't have to discard when the survey bombs you out.
    Generally I feel they are taking the PI** at present
  • tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've had similar issues in the past and still do occasionally but not on the scale of the OP.

I decided a long time ago after trying to get 'support' from them that it really isn't worth the bother. If you get peed off and leave there will be tens of other new joiners to hel them get their numbers so there is no incentive for them to keep you sweet.

I carry on with them as they pay ok and my issues are usually few and far between. I have been tempted to throw my computer out of the window when it happens sometimes.
  • Diggle123
    Diggle123 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This is a two part survey, part one awards you with 250 points, part 2, if you qualify, a further 450 points.
    I completed part one, then was asked if I wanted to do part 2 for the additional 450 point, which I did.
    When I checked my points awarded, I found just the 450 points were awarded.
    I contacted support, asking where the Part 1 250 points were, to be given the usual, farcical, "Our records confirm you have been screened out of the survey. There are... etc. "
    How ridiculous is that, how can you be screened out of part 1 but allowed part 2. Seems the usual unthinking monkey has been at the keyboard again.
    Anyone else attempted EK73271 should check their points awarded, I suspect that everyone who completed both parts will be only awarded points for part 2
  • kirsty100000
    Options
    I received am email this evening from Global Test Market informing me that 1009 points have been redeemed from my account. I have contacted them and changed my password, however I noticed in their FAQS they say they will not refund points used to redeem electronic vouchers. These points were used to order 1 £25 Amazon Voucher, 1 £3 starbucks voucher and a Unicef donation. As this wasn't me what are my chances of getting these points refunded?
    £2013 in 2013 challenge - £2235.75/£2013
  • fragmented
    fragmented Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    Options
    did you change your password when it happened on your other accounts and run the relevant checks your computer for nasties?

21-01-2015 Valued Opinions - Someone else redeemed on my account
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5157709
  • kirsty100000
    Options
    I only changed my password on global test market as I use different passwords for most of my accounts. I ran a virus check too which came up saying my laptop doesn't have any viruses
    £2013 in 2013 challenge - £2235.75/£2013
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,208 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I only changed my password on global test market as I use different passwords for most of my accounts. I ran a virus check too which came up saying my laptop doesn't have any viruses

2 accounts and 2 hacks suggests a security issue somewhere. I assume both have the same associated email address? If so it sounds like someone has access to that and it might not show up on a basic virus scan.

Go to the techie board and ask about a proper deep clean, they are the experts , follow their instructions. Then change all your passwords including the one to your email account as that might be where your security has failed.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • satori
    satori Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a similar issue half a dozen years ago with Flyblue points. I was hoarding them to pay for a flight, they were redeemed and used to purchase tickets for Wimbledon or Roland Garros: I am absolutely not interested in tennis! I tried and failed to get them reinstated, despite raising a complaint. My hunch is that the points were redeemed by someone working at Flyblue. Very unhappy, and stopped flying with them!
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Are these guys having issues with their website at the minute? It was down a couple of days ago and seems to have gone down for me nearly as I am through a survey. Didnt work on my tablet either.

Grumble.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Think so. I had problems yesterday trying to redeem some points but managed it in the end. Not had any issues today and have completed three surveys.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure