Dowling stove anyone

Options
2»

Comments

• coppo
    coppo Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 20 September 2015 at 12:45PM
    Options
    Well it duly arrived and I have now fitted it this week and here's my review so far.

Only lit twice but so far I have to say excellent, wonderful.

Only burning wood at the minute. What a lot of heat you get from it, Miles more than any other stove I have had. We live 1100 feet up on the remote moors of Teesdale so it be having a good test over the years.

Excellent build quality, brilliant in fact, nothing to replace, thickness of the steel body is incredible and jaw grate solidity wow, works great. Stove was made to my exact requirements dimension wise as it has been fitted in the centre of the old Victorian cooking range. I took the centre fire out as I couldn't bear to get rid of a piece of history.

Adjust via the damper at the bottom of the flue which some say is not ideal. You must remember to open the damper although I didn't open it when I opened the door with no issues.

Don't know the efficiency etc but it works great, dirt cheap compared to Clearviews etc, engineering top of the class. Early days though.

Top notch stove.

Paul.
  • prunus
    prunus Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Coppo,

How are you getting on with your Anvil?
  • coppo
    coppo Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Hi prunus

Its a good bit of kit. We are only burning wood as I prefer it, no mess, hardly any ash.

Great engineering, looks like it will last forever, throws out some serious heat, even with just wood. No parts to replace. Glass slides out in seconds to clean.

You have to remember to open the damper before you open the door which is different to other stoves we have had, controllability is not as good as other stoves especially if windy.

Paul.
  • rockchick113
    Options
    Hi, I was thinking about getting one of these stoves how’s it been over the years it’s been fitted ? You say some problems when windy?
    Jane x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport