smallholdingsister's strivings

Options

Comments

• smallholdingsister
    Options
    Thanks. I went to work today. Painkillers and keep moving.

I don't think I'll be claiming anything.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The painkillers cost money. Your time and attention were diverted, which cost you time, energy and potentially money. Your travel to your GP, your phone calls to your insurance company, they cost money. You have a right to some recompense, SHS!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,469 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Torn on this one. On the one hand, it's rotten for SHS that she has been in pain and had to use some of her limited personal time to sort out the after effects of the accident. On the other hand, the culture of 'claiming' in the UK has led to higher costs for all as the various parisitic participants in the process all take their cut from SHS' 'due'.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Absolutely agree, Ed - but when someone has had legitimate expenditure because of an accident, at the very least I think that should be reimbursed.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Interesting.

I realise my biggest problem with the bnb will be being discreet. I am not one for keeping my trap shut.

Last parents' evening of the three tonight (as a parent) and they are all doing really well for which much thanks. We have another booking this weekend.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Ooh yes, being discreet is important! Is there an airbnb renters place for hosts, where you can let off steam? Behind a firewall!

It's crucial in my former profession, of course, but I had a leg-up in the whole "learning confidentiality" thing - I lied to my parents so often, as a teenager, I was used to ignoring whole swathes of information :D
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Although I mentioned it up above, I'm not one for people claiming unnecessarily (I had a young couple claim £28K from a knock from my insurance - and it was almost a both-were-to-blame case, as they took the corner early and came into my side - but that's another matter - and we were both travelling at c 10miles/ hour, as both were previously stopped) - but I think SHS has due cause here. Plus I found from an accident many years ago that it was still giving me gip several months down the line if I'd been particularly busy - it's easy to think it's all resolved in a couple of weeks, but backs are funny things :()

SHS - am sure you are going to smash this mortgage :) x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,469 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Keeping your trap shut to who, SHS?
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    KC you naughty girl, you!

Green I take on board what you say but the person paying for the insurance is not the person who did the damage IYSWIM?

Ed guest #2 is someone I am aware of in the professional sphere. It made me think not every air bnb er is necessarily travelling with their usual partner.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    KC you naughty girl, you!
    :D Oh yes!
    Ed guest #2 is someone I am aware of in the professional sphere. It made me think not every air bnb er is necessarily travelling with their usual partner.
    Yep, thats exactly the sort of thing you don't say anything further about :p type it and delete it before posting, or write it for a book to be published in twenty years, but thats it ...

Actually, I'd have thought you could be really good at confidentiality, your usual posts are very short, but still convey the basics?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport