smallholdingsister's strivings

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh! :o thanks Ed.

Comrades .... Compagneros y Compagneras ... vamonos!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Thanks Tilly. And Ed.
    er...Spanish KC?!
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Yup, sorry! A phrase like the one you used, once I understand it, always makes me reach for my Spanish-speaking political roots :D
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Cool.
    I have been quite productive today but also spent a fair bit.
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Em did you mean vamos KC? Not come across vamonos. Don't think there's any vamosing or vamonosing here at the moment - election has led to another stalemate :(.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Ooh! I was taught that "vamonos" is the plural, i.e. let *us* go. And thank god whoever these people are are saying it too: http://www.spanishdict.com/translate/v%C3%A1monos.

The colloquialisms might be a teensy bit different because I learned it from South and Central Americans :o:p
    Save
  • gallygirl
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Ooh! I was taught that "vamonos" is the plural, i.e. let *us* go. And thank god whoever these people are are saying it too: http://www.spanishdict.com/translate/v%C3%A1monos.

The colloquialisms might be a teensy bit different because I learned it from South and Central Americans :o:p
    Save
    That's interesting as in Spain Spanish it's vamos for let's go :) but vamonos comes up on some translation sites. Will remember that if I ever go back to South America :T. (Well actually, I'll be lucky if I remember vamos let alone a variation of it :rotfl:).
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It's the reflexive bit - nos vamos - as an imperative. So the reflexive pronoun - nos - gets put on the end. Losing the 's' is 'just what they do'. Definitely Spain Spanish.

Teacher mode off!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • gallygirl
    Options
    It's the reflexive bit - nos vamos - as an imperative. So the reflexive pronoun - nos - gets put on the end. Losing the 's' is 'just what they do'. Definitely Spain Spanish.

Teacher mode off!
    So, far too advanced for me - it's not even in the bits I haven't got to yet :eek:. Anyway, SHS is back at work today so too late :D.

No news on the viewing SHS?
  • Karmacat
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    So, far too advanced for me - it's not even in the bits I haven't got to yet :eek:.
    Too advanced for me too - I learnt it on the principle of "monkey see, monkey do" :eek:
    Apple Muncher - thank you for explaining, and I'm glad its Spain Spanish, for some reason :o
    Anyway, SHS is back at work today so too late :D.
    Definitely :o
    No news on the viewing SHS?
    And thats overhanging too! Poor you, SHS, and I can't imagine what its like to go back to the schools the day after a strike. Hope its not too bad.
    Save
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family