smallholdingsister's strivings

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Get that chazza bag out of the house, won't you? And remember that you can put stuff in the car, in desperation, to make the house look better. They might open built in cupboards, remember!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Stayed off the booze last night
    I too stayed off the booze last night :T. I had more than enough in the afternoon :o.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Chazza bag left with DH as he took DD2 to ballet.

What will be will be with the cupboards!

Ha ha Gally. Loving the happy photos on f/b.

On third load of washing. Two hearths cleaned, woodburners set and log baskets filled. Bathroom next.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    First pass at the bathroom of doom.
    Think its lunch time.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Amazing progress, I hope they are in appreciation of your efforts.
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 2 July 2016 at 7:35PM
    Options
    Great viewing prep shs, it will be worth it. Re: alcohol, I've not had a drop for 6 weeks now. I used to really enjoy a couple of glasses on a Friday night and it was my treat too for working full time all week. I have realised it was the moment of relaxation/relief once the children were settled and we grabbed the wine and glasses I actually looked forward to.
    Dh will still have a glass of wine but I'm happy with fizzy water (in a wine glass)
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh Dear, i'm planning to get myself some wine later as it's Saturday. Least I've not made any.. that was the cause of my 14lb weight gain.

Good luck with your viewing :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Thanks guys.
    Cath you are good.
    Moneyfordreams I hear you!

Collected the trailer from the menders. Now for the shower room of doom and more washing.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Conked out now.
    Sixth? Load of washing is on. Just got load 5 off the line before DH started pressure washing.

He took DD1 out with the Plops. He tells me they were "aggressed" by a herd of cows. "They were really angry and mooing at us!"
    Essex Boy.
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thank you all, re. drinking. As for feeling the benefit, yes it's helped a lot, I don't have the hangovers and cravings anymore. My wife reckons I've become more pleasant to be around of an evening. Whilst I still have a lot of trouble getting to sleep, I'm not always waking up in the middle of the night. Further, both alcohol and caffeine (also greatly cut down) were irritating a health problem, cutting down to the level I have has helped. Over the time I've been on MSE, I've gone from drinking quite heavily every night to my current very occasional treat of sharing a bottle of wine with my wife and I'd highly recommend it.

Good luck for tomorrow. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business