christmas hampers 2015

Options

Comments

• tibawo
    tibawo Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I always love the ideas on this thread, although we use a basket, at church we choose one and take it away and then fill it to be sold at the Christmas fair. I am usually fine with an idea for girls as I base it on what mine like but I have noticed in the last few years another empty basket seems to appear on my table .... Mum cons me that I do mine much better than her! She does give me money for filling it.

This year I am using some freebie bits from the tesco wine fair and doing a wine themed one for thinking of doing a minion based one as the second one.
    Go get it!
  • Magsnoodle
    Options
    Loads of Minions bits and bobs at B & M this year. Sweets etc.... as well as Frozen stuff
    E.F. #38 240.55/1000 SPC8 #375
    DFBXmas 2015 #162 18554 /18554 100%
  • lushlifesaver
    Options
    We are only doing token gifts this year; for my parents I am going to do a 'little box of luxeries' and get them bits they don't buy often:
    marmite (waiting for Christmas design jars)
    fancy jam/marmalade
    nice crackers/biscuits for cheese
    wine for mum (and a new glass personalised if I can)
    whisky for dad (small gift set)
    fancy crisps and nibbles
    mini hot water bottles
    new dvd

for my brother; I'm going to ask what he likes most and do something similar I think
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • LadyMorticia
    LadyMorticia Posts: 19,899 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hey everyone. :)

Does anyone have any ideas for hampers for 1) someone who is football-mad and 2) Someone who is cycling and F1-mad?

Thank you.
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
  • donnalou
    donnalou Posts: 498 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone seen any cheap Christmas Mugs around yet? I love a Christmas Mug in a Hamper :)
  • donnalou
    Options
    mum2one wrote: »
    For hamper bases I tend to use shoe boxes an cover them with wrapping paper, bigger hamper try to get fruit box / wine box from supermarket, - Mr M, Mr Al, usually have them by the till.

Theres so many fab ideas. xx

Thank you! Why have a never thought of this before :)
  • burystedmundsblade
    Options

Does anyone have any ideas for hampers for 1) someone who is football-mad and 2) Someone who is cycling and F1-mad?

Thank you.

I made a football hamper for OH a few years ago. Trying to find the post and picture for you.

If the person supports a "top 4" club such as Chelsea or Arsenal then Sports Direct often have badges and other small gifts for a reasonable price.
    If the person supports a football league club like me(!), I would try and get 2 free gickets for a match on the current mccoys football giveaway. I cannot post links as I have had to re-register as a new user as my old account wasn't activited or something.

Enter the following codes

8115 23:10

8115 21:58

Answer the question and claim 2 free tickets to any Football League club of your choice!

:)
  • burystedmundsblade
    Options

Thank you.

I made a football hamper for OH a few years ago. Trying to find the post and picture for you.

Edit although I cannot add a photo! There is a photo on the old hamper picture thread.

Everything is in a football container which will be used for keeping football programmes in afterwards - £1 (Poundland)
    Football pencil case - £1 (local £1 shop)
    3 pin badges of OHs teams - £4.50 (ebay x 1 and official club shop for other 2 in the sale)
    Football songs CD - £1 (Poundland)
    Soccer am best bits DVD - £1 (Poundland)
    England book - 99p (99p store)
    Football book - £1.99 (Amazon)
    6 DVDs in a collection on best football goals - £1.50 (local charity shop)
    OHs football team playing cards - £2 (official club shop sale)
    Football travel game - 99p (99p store)
    Olympic GB keyring - £1 (Entertainer) We went to see GB football team play in the Olympics!
    Football socks x 3 - £3 (Poundland)
    T-shirt in OHs team colours - £3 (H&M sale)
    Haribo football mix - 50p (Poundland)
    Box of fruit gums as he always takes these when we go to football - £1 (Poundland)
    Top Trump England football cards - collected a while back from newspaper so £0.

Total cost = £23 including container and cellophane and tag.

If the person supports a "top 4" club such as Chelsea or Arsenal then Sports Direct often have badges and other small gifts for a reasonable price.
    If the person supports a football league club like me(!), I would try and get 2 free gickets for a match on the current mccoys football giveaway. I cannot post links as I have had to re-register as a new user as my old account wasn't activited or something.

Enter the following codes

8115 23:10

8115 21:58

Answer the question and claim 2 free tickets to any Football League club of your choice!

:)
  • springdreams
    springdreams Posts: 3,623 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    donnalou wrote: »
    Has anyone seen any cheap Christmas Mugs around yet? I love a Christmas Mug in a Hamper :)

Depends on what you consider cheap. Matalan have Christmas mugs for £4 each. They are really lovely. I've ordered one for myself :D
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • donnalou
    Options
    Depends on what you consider cheap. Matalan have Christmas mugs for £4 each. They are really lovely. I've ordered one for myself :D

Thanks for that they have some lovely ones and some great childrens ones coming soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure