Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

How to keep BT Sport

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
17 replies 3.3K views
Dan-DanDan-Dan Forumite
5.3K Posts
Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
Hi

Looking to ditch SKY TV but keep BT Sport

We have SKY BB , and Phone , and pay BT directly and watch via the sky box

What set up can i achieve where i can keep BT Sport but get rid of sky and move over to freesat ?

any advice welcome

thanks
Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Replies

• poppasmurf_bewdleypoppasmurf_bewdley Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are keeping the Sky box, then you don't need to do anything.

If you are getting a new Freesat box, then you can't receive the BT Sport Channels.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • Dan-DanDan-Dan Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    So basically , BT Sport isnt available to anyone with a freesat/freeview box who doesnt have BT broadband?
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
  • poppasmurf_bewdleypoppasmurf_bewdley Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    To get BT Sport via satellite, you need a Sky card.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
    5.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    so post #3 is correct?
  • VisionManVisionMan Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    If you ditch SKY TV and have a BT Sport subscription the BT Sport sub will continue. No one needs a Sky sub to view BT Sport, you only need an active Sky viewing card.
    5.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    But if i ditch SKY , my viewing card wont be active ? (or will it?) and if im not using a sky box , does a free sat box take a sky card?
  • VisionManVisionMan Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it will. Sky don't deactivate the card when someone cancels.

BT Sport is not available on Freesat, only on Sky or Freesat from Sky.
    5.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im confused , if i have cancelled SKY and got myself a freesat box , my sky card wont work in it = no BT Sports , but if i get freesat from SKY (£175 for a box?!) my viewing card will work = i still get BT sports?

I must be misunderstanding?
  • andrewmpandrewmp Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Dan-Dan wrote: »
    Im confused , if i have cancelled SKY and got myself a freesat box , my sky card wont work in it = no BT Sports , but if i get freesat from SKY (£175 for a box?!) my viewing card will work = i still get BT sports?

I must be misunderstanding?

You don't need a freesat from Sky box, your current box becomes a freesat from Sky box the moment they turn your channels off.

You will get all the free channels plus BT Sports as soon as Sky turn your TV off. You'll no longer be able to record though.
  • izzy65izzy65 Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    I canceled sky subscription but kept the box as a free view , I can see channel 414 bt sport Europe,but not 413 bt sport1.
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

New plastic £50 note in circulation

Inventor and codebreaker Alan Turing is pictured

MSE News

TV MoneySaving tricks

How to save on Sky, Netflix, Now TV, Prime Video and more

MSE Guides

Pret subscription loophole

Get a month's worth of free smoothies, frappes, coffee etc

MSE Deals