Where do you do your grocery shopping?

Options
1235»

Comments

• jayII
    jayII Posts: 40,693 Forumite
    Options
    Morrisons at the moment because of the 'match n more' deals and cheap delivery.

I also top up at Icel*nd, A*di L*dl and occasionally at Mr T.
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Fighting the biggest battle of my life. :( Started 30th January 2018.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • Kaye1
    Kaye1 Posts: 538 Forumite
    Options
    Ocado. Their delivery service is superb.
  • Darksoul
    Darksoul Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    I use Tesco.com for the bulk of my shopping as I don't drive and work nights so getting it delivered is something of a necessity for me. I did try asda but I prefer Tescos range and had fewer problems with delivery. I also use Sainsburys for a lot of stuff ( I work for them so get colleague discount) and usually pick up a lot of YS stuff from them as I start work just before the store closes so they usually have lots of reduced items. For meat I use my local butchers as the quality and prices are amazing, I tend to eat mainly chicken and can get 5KG chicken breasts delivered to me for £19.99. If they were closer I'd probably use Aldi/ Lidl a lot more but it takes nearly an hour on the bus to get to my nearest stores and then I have to lug everything back.
    :www:House Deposit £10,539.47 / £12,500:www:
  • happy35
    happy35 Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I shopped at Lidl for a while but am uing Morrisons at the moment as blueberreis and strawberries seem cheaper at the moment and the rest of the fruit/veg is around the same price and as a veggie I use loads. I also buy Alpro yoghurt and milk and OH likes their meat so can get all shopping in one go.

i also pop to Waitrose for things we specifically like, i used to shop here every week but is around 10 miles away from home and I got sick of driving there and back
  • thriftychick
    Options
    I used to do a weekly online shop with Tesco but it began to get too expensive. Luckily, an Aldi opened up this year. I shop there now, once in a while I go to Lidl for a change. I do have to go to Tesco occasionally to get things Aldi don't stock but am adapting to Aldi's choice of products (or lack of them in some cases) so the trips to Tesco are getting less and less. I have found that I have saved about 30-40% by changing supermarkets.
    Just when I'm about to make ends meet, somebody moves the ends
  • amr547
    amr547 Posts: 1,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have home bargains, aldi, lidl, Asda, sainsburys, morrisons, farmfoods and b&m bargains all within a five minute drive, so I am spoiled for choice! I tend to shop at farmfoods and morrisons and pick up some bits from home bargains. Tesco is a bit further afield but I pop in when visiting my parents to pick up milk or bread.
  • freyasmum
    freyasmum Posts: 20,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 September 2015 at 2:12PM
    Options
    Like JackieO, I'll shop wherever gives me the best value - for me, that's the quality that I want, at the price I want.

I tried Whole Foods Market and I was SO disappointed - like I said, I don't mind paying that little bit extra if I've got the quality. The quality just wasn't there. All of the fruits were over-ripe to the point of spoiling - if I'd seen them in the reduced section of a 'normal' supermarket, I wouldn't have bothered, never mind paying an inflated full price. I also didn't like the fact that all of the breads were unwrapped - everyone who walked past touched them _pale_ I did quite like the bulk areas of pulses and beans, coffee and the make your own nut butters.

I love Waitrose as the quality in my localest one is great, and there are bits and bobs in there that I can't get anywhere else - burt lentil waves = case in point! The butternut squash that they have in there at the moment are behemoths as well. It's probably about a 20 minutes drive from work, so it's not my everyday shop, but it's my favourite. I like to pop into Sainsburys when I've been to Waitrose as it's literally on the other side of the motorway. I get huge tubs of greek yoghurt that I can't find elsewhere.

I usually find myself in M&S at lunchtime to see if there are any decent treats reduced; there are sometimes some gems to be had. Often, not. But it's worth a look. I like M&S bananas 'cos they actually taste like bananas (Morrisons are tasteless) and their milk actually lasts till we've finished the carton - I find that other supermarket milk goes off halfway down the carton :undecided

I also visit Aldi at lunch time (gets my steps up as it's about a mile stomp each way :rotfl:) to pick up some packs of microwave rice (cheap, already portioned and crazy easy to warm through), sauces, super 6 fruit and veg and any other little bits in there. Aldi is close to £stretcher, so I pop in there to see if there are any bargains (20p soup and even cheaper rice puddings recently. I also got a few tubs of cheap ww hot chocolate). That, in turn, is next door to the pound shop, which is handy for ww crisps.

I have been parking closer to morrisons the past few months, so find that most of my shopping is done in there now.

I also pop into farmfoods if I'm passing as I like their frozen fruit - already prepped, and I love it stewed with cinnamon with some yoghurt and oats for breakfast. Toilet rolls are either from Farmfoods when I'm passing, or home bargains if I run up at lunchtime (anyone else noticing a theme!? I'm sure my bank manager will be happy when we move to an out of town office :rotfl:).

For bits like chia seeds, etc, I'll usually get them on Amazon/goodness direct.

I use Tesco if I run out of anything as there is one in my village and it's handy, but I'm not a fan. I really dislike Asda too - it's just all junk.

I guess the best way to describe my shopping habits is like the field of dreams... If you reduce it, I will come :rotfl:
  • sarahj1986
    Options
    I do an online Morrisons shop normally twice a month plus top ups in store when needed. Occasionally bits from Tesco and Sainsburys. I've recently been converted to Aldi. I'd been into there before but these past few weeks I've been using it more. I think I'll still do an online Morrisons shop, but only once a month for the heavy items as we don't have a car then Aldi for the weeks in between
    :money::rotfl::T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport