Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Now tv box two sky accounts

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
4 replies 1.5K views
starlight27starlight27 Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
Hi, I am looking to buy a now tv box.
The other people in my house have a sky subscription for broadband and phone line. I want to buy a now tv box but would need to set up a new sky account as I will be paying for this service separately.
Is it possible to have two separate accounts at the same address? I cannot find a definitive answer anywhere!

Also if I just buy a now tv box for £9.99, and use the free movies trial pass and cancel it straight away will I be able to use it for a month and then still use the catch up stuff such as iplayer and itv player for free afterwards or do you need an active subscription?

Many thanks
Star

Replies

• devizes18193devizes18193 Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    not sure in the 1st question .
    However on 2nd yes the iplayer etc will still work
  • A Sky account for BB and phone are usually separate from a NowTv account. You could/can order now TV when setting up broadband and talk and have it all on one bill but, if you sign up to nowtv via their website https://www.nowtv.com, then there will be no issue at all. Your account will be totally separate and nothing to do with Sky or the current home phone and broadband account.

Hth
  • jon81ukjon81uk Forumite
    2K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Also if I just buy a now tv box for £9.99, and use the free movies trial pass and cancel it straight away will I be able to use it for a month and then still use the catch up stuff such as iplayer and itv player for free afterwards or do you need an active subscription?

You don't need an active Now TV subscription to watch iPlayer etc.

I wouldn't pay £9.99 for the box, as for £19.99 from Argos you get two months movies or three months entertainment, on top of the free sign up month. So for £10 more than getting the box you can get £20-£21 worth of subscription as well.
  • marleyboymarleyboy Forumite
    16.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also you CAN share the one account with both NowTV boxes. ;)
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

New plastic £50 note in circulation

Inventor and codebreaker Alan Turing is pictured

MSE News