Free By Fifty

in Debt free diaries
78 replies 5.3K views
Time to start another diary. :angry:

I have been here before - twice - and I don't appear to have learned ANY lessons and am now back.............skulking in, head down, tail between my legs.
I am not going to concentrate on the negative because I could beat myself up forever and I won't tell you I had a LBM because my dimmer switch has been on for the past couple of years, what I will tell you is -

FREEBY IS BACK! :j:j:j

And she ain't going anywhere until this cr***y mess is sorted out.
Free by Fifty
Debt of the Moment -
August NSD Challenge 14/15

Replies

• freebyfiftyfreebyfifty Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    I do love a list........

and a spreadsheet.

My debt free spreadsheet is now so complicated only rocket scientists could understand it.

Although it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise that I need to pull my finger out and get something done about becoming debt free pretty quickly.

I know that I am in for a marathon and not a sprint (groan) but now that I have got started I cant wait until I make the first payment and start to see numbers going down.

Yesterday, I felt awful. Today I feel full of hope and energy.
    I still have the same debts and I still have the same amount of cash (none) so the difference must be that I am ready to tackle it.

Facing the monster head on instead of running away and pretending it doesn't exist.
    Free by Fifty
    Debt of the Moment -
  • marmiterulesokmarmiterulesok Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    Good for you freeby.
    I'm in. :)

Like you say,concentrate on the positive.
    3.2K Posts
    I love lists ❤️
    Really really love lists.

I now have a list of everything that's in my freezer
    Everything that's in my food cupboard
    And everything that's in my spices, herbs, stuff I don't know what to do with cupboard. .

I feel another list brewing. Meal plaaaaaaaaaan.
    Free by Fifty
    Debt of the Moment -
    3.2K Posts
    I counted my change jar.

£70.65.

That's a whole weeks shopping just sitting in the kitchen cupboard (told ya I was doing the "cupboard lists").

So now, what do I do with it? I could go down to the bank and put it in my very very poorly bank account??? Unfortunately I live in a small town, with a small town mentality, I am just too embarrassed to face my childhood school friend with an overdraft that would make her eyes bleed. I could go and put it in the change counting thingy in Tesco but it's 20 miles away and takes 20%. Or I could go and get £70.65 worth of shopping and stand for 6 hours slotting the pennies into the self-service machines in The local Mr T.

Decisions Decisions.
    Free by Fifty
    Debt of the Moment -
  • chevalierchevalier Forumite
    7.9K Posts
    Good luck with your debt busting. When you are ready don't forget to give youself a money health check. Ie check that all utilities and insurances are with the cheapest company. Also check through your bank statements and make sure that there are no direct debits there that you haven't cancelled even though you have cancelled the service.

Good luck
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • marmiterulesokmarmiterulesok Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    I counted my change jar.

£70.65.

That's a whole weeks shopping just sitting in the kitchen cupboard (told ya I was doing the "cupboard lists").

So now, what do I do with it? I could go down to the bank and put it in my very very poorly bank account??? Unfortunately I live in a small town, with a small town mentality, I am just too embarrassed to face my childhood school friend with an overdraft that would make her eyes bleed. I could go and put it in the change counting thingy in Tesco but it's 20 miles away and takes 20%. Or I could go and get £70.65 worth of shopping and stand for 6 hours slotting the pennies into the self-service machines in The local Mr T.

Decisions Decisions.

That is a nice sum.I suppose that I would use it in dribs and drabs...

I forgot to say 'good luck' and well done for coming back to the site.I really hope it helps you feel more in control of your finances. :)

PS Lists are a great idea.I'm also a big list fan.
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    83K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Happy shiny new diary :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    3.2K Posts
    Good Morning lovely Debt Free Wannanbeeeeeee people.

I hope this morning finds you all determined and positive and desperate to make a difference.
    I have no idea who this person is and what she has done with the old Freeby.

Yesterday i took my cash to the cash counting machine and then exchanged it for cash instead of spending it on shopping I didn't really need. It is now squirrelled away in my purse and is my budget for this week. Which means I have this week's budget to either roll over or to use towards my Debt of the Moment or "DotM". My bank account is so down to the wire that I tempted to keep it as a cushion to stop me from going overdrawn on my overdraft, however, that is probably the wrong thinking and if I leave it in my account then I'll spend it.

I am rambling on aren't I?

This diary will be full of this, I feel. Its mostly going to be about getting my jumbled thoughts down on paper/screen. Does anyone else find that as they are writing/typing they find the answer to their question? it seems that the getting it out of your head makes it clearer. And to be fair, my head is a clutterjungle of complete and utter nonsense.

I am on leave this week. This diary and my addiction Farmville will probably get me through this cold wet day.Next year I will give the country plenty of notice that I will be on holiday and they can cancel all their plans. It always always rains when I'm off.

And on that cheery note I shall depart, my wheat needs harvesting.
    Free by Fifty
    Debt of the Moment -
    3.2K Posts
    Today I need a plan...........

otherwise my day is going to disappear into a fug of wheat and melon harvesting.

I'm off to be inspired somewhere and I WILL be back with a plan.

*levers large backside out of chair, tells Igor not to wait up and wanders off*
    Free by Fifty
    Debt of the Moment -
    3.2K Posts
    Here is the first item of my plan for today.

DO NOT SWITCH HEATING ON.

It is July. It is the same temperature outside as the end of October but it's still July and I definitely do not need the heating on.

*wraps scarf round neck*
    Free by Fifty
    Debt of the Moment -
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 in bonus points

MSE News

Ask an Expert: Scams

Watch MSE Katie's answers to your questions

MSE Forum