Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Had Virgin since Day 1. Thinking of Moving

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
3 replies 1K views
stella_drinkerstella_drinker Forumite
11 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
Looking back at my Bank account and the same Virgin Deal has went up from Approx £80 to over £100 in 2 years, this is despite me threatening to cancel every year.

Currently have Broadband, TV with Sports (not HD) and Phone Line.

Who would be cheaper than Virgin? Noticed its cheaper if you area new customer, which is a complete joke.

Any advice taken, thanks.

Replies

• glentoran99glentoran99 Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you ring them they will normally give you the new customer deals,

Every time ive looked they come out cheapest despite creeping up as you say
  • victor2victor2 Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always find out what a competitor will charge for a similar service to the one I have and then phone Virgin saying I can go to xxx for less (as introductory offers usually are better than renewals). They invariably put me through to "retentions" and I end up with a price better or as good as the competition.
    If you don't already, also look at paying 12 months telephone line rental in advance. Cheaper than paying it monthly.
  • JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    18.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price up the competitors but bear in mind they all have a price rise around September .

Decide what you want from the service and cut if needs be .

Bear in mind that the VM cable is superior to anything else .
This discussion has been closed.