Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Getting rid of cable TV

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
2 replies 1.2K views
budgetmombudgetmom Forumite
5 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
Last week, I sliced my bill from $212 to $75 without giving up the stuff I really watch. Cable and satellite companies lock away some content for subscribers. But you don't have to be an online pirate to see what you want.Broadcasters give away the most popular HD channels free over the air, and Internet video services like Hulu, "smart" TVs and streaming boxes. I guess internet streaming is both cheap and convenient and can save you a lot of money over a period of time.
Wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure..

Replies

• Torry_QuineTorry_Quine Forumite
    18.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Bake Off Boss!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you in the States as this is a UK site?
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you in the States as this is a UK site?
    Judging by the use of the $ sign and the reference to Hulu, I'd say the answer is yes.

However, the basic information given applies here too (says he having recently bought an Android XBMC box).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
This discussion has been closed.