DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 11

Options

Comments

• Scottishmummy
    Options
    Hi there. Just wondering if you've thought of cca ing your accounts?
    Depends how you feel about walking away from unenforceable debts but it would give you more bargaining power for settlement figures.

Once we go self-managed that is one of the first things we will be doing. We never did originally because we were of the mindset we spent it, we owe it, but we are now at the stage that I think some of the debts can now only be interest and charges that are owed on them so time to take over and deal with it.
    The person who moves a mountain begins by carrying small stones.
    Diet loss starting Sept 2019 0/80lbs:eek::o
    Proud to be No. 47 of the DMP mutual support club
    DFW Nerd #380. Proud to be dealing with my debt
  • Little_Miss_Sunshine
    Options
    Once we go self-managed that is one of the first things we will be doing. We never did originally because we were of the mindset we spent it, we owe it, but we are now at the stage that I think some of the debts can now only be interest and charges that are owed on them so time to take over and deal with it.

That's good. Leaglebeagles and the allaboutdebt forum have have some fantastic advise.
    LBM 2/12/15 - total debt £62500:shocked::shocked::exclamati::eek:
    2/216 £29500 unenforceable.
    DMP - 1/9/16
  • Scottishmummy
    Options
    That's good. Leaglebeagles and the allaboutdebt forum have have some fantastic advise.

I had never heard about the allaboutdebt one until coming back on here last week.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,893 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I had never heard about the allaboutdebt one until coming back on here last week.

Keep it quiet, but there not regarded as been very MSE if you know what I mean, imagine MSE as civil disobedience, allaboutdebt is all out civil war !!!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Scottishmummy
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Keep it quiet, but there not regarded as been very MSE if you know what I mean, imagine MSE as civil disobedience, allaboutdebt is all out civil war !!!

:rotfl:

My message is too short apparently so there you go :rotfl:
  • Little_Miss_Sunshine
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »

Thanks - I'll be a bit more careful
    LBM 2/12/15 - total debt £62500:shocked::shocked::exclamati::eek:
    2/216 £29500 unenforceable.
    DMP - 1/9/16
  • Scaredofdebt_2
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have just renewed my house insurance and opted to pay monthly, apologies if it's a stupid question but can I do this on a dmp? Will they refuse or will it show as me obtaining extra credit? Thanks in anticipation ☺
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE]LBM January 2015:(
    Total unsecured debt £[STRIKE]57286.97[/STRIKE]:( now £52335.16 :)
    DFD [STRIKE]July 2025[/STRIKE] June 2025
    Start StepChange DMP March 2015
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have just renewed my house insurance and opted to pay monthly, apologies if it's a stupid question but can I do this on a dmp? Will they refuse or will it show as me obtaining extra credit? Thanks in anticipation ☺

Hi,
    I've changed both house and car insurance a few times and had no issues and I pay monthly for both.
    Puzz.x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,893 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

No, insurance, house, car, bike etc, are classed as essential payments paid monthly or not.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Scaredofdebt_2
    Options
    Thanks for your help Puzz and Sourcrates.

Well after 12 months on a dmp I have updated my signature. Can't believe how quickly this year has gone and although we have found it tough sometimes it is so much better than living on a credit card!! We even managed to have a shopping trip yesterday all paid with cold hard cash. It feels so much better than putting it on the plastic and worrying about it later. This forum is fab, I view it on my phone everyday so don't always log in as it is a bit of a faff but I really do appreciate the comments and help. Cant believe how much we have managed to pay off.

Good luck everyone and if you are just starting out it really does get easier.:)
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE]LBM January 2015:(
    Total unsecured debt £[STRIKE]57286.97[/STRIKE]:( now £52335.16 :)
    DFD [STRIKE]July 2025[/STRIKE] June 2025
    Start StepChange DMP March 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family