Comments

• Sazzie23
    Sazzie23 Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Post of the Month
    Options
    Jacobs wrote: »
    Still waiting for my plan to be set up

Hi Jacob,

Who are you going with - SC or one of the others?

Just wondering if you've read through the thread and know about getting an emergency fund for the crisis which will envitably happen, boilers, water leaks, car breakdowns, emergency dental work, etc etc

Well done for making a start at facing up to debt and dealing with it, it's not easy at first.
    Debt -it's a fight that I'm winning, dealing with debt one day at a time.
    Estimated DFD August 2018 - 2031 - now 2027 :T

Guide dog Tess, missing Scotland 2 years

DMP support no438.
  • Little_Miss_Sunshine
    Options
    Hi a quick question for those of you who are self managed - do you have a separate account for your payments to go out of?
    LBM 2/12/15 - total debt £62500:shocked::shocked::exclamati::eek:
    2/216 £29500 unenforceable.
    DMP - 1/9/16
  • zenshi
    zenshi Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi a quick question for those of you who are self managed - do you have a separate account for your payments to go out of?

I do but that's mainly because I got a part time job and wanted to use those wages for my debts
    LBM.....sometime in 2013 £27,056. 10 creditors
    June 20.....£7,587.....3 creditors left 72% paid

£26,200 on interest only part of mortgage (July 16)...will chip away £17,103
    £49,200 repayment mortgage ( July 16) £37,764
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options

Hi,
    I opened a new basic bank account just for my dmp. I have set up a standing order from my usual current account for the full amount to go to the new account and then I am in the process of setting up SO's to each creditor.
    Puzz.x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • muppetscotland
    Options
    Had a lovely surprise yesterday - received a cheque from M&S ppi refund for £165. Had filled in some forms months ago and never expected to hear a thing. Perfect timing for boosting easter holiday savings fund :)

Hope you all have some luck this weekend too!
    Travelling hopefully 🏃
  • blisteringblue
    Options
    We run out of money at the end of this week! It was expected though, have to find 2.5K for the annual mortgage reduction. It's been tight, but just about going to be OK. Working kids topping us up until I can get my Expenses from work the week after. I've a full tank of petrol which has to last me till next Tuesday (the way the visa works in our Offset Mortgage, its the earliest I can buy something and know it won't come out the account till the following Thursday).

On the plus side we've saved the whole 2.5K since November really, while still on the DMP and Xmas in the middle.

I've reminded Mrs BB about this, so there is room in her budget for extra savings. Mrs BB didn't find it funny.

Will be nice to get a bit of breathing space again. We got cocked up having to buy a car for one of the kids to do a post grad course at an out of the way Uni.

Its all good fun :D
  • Scottishmummy
    Options
    Sazzie23 wrote: »
    Hi Scottishmum

You are definitely one of our long haul DMPers, you have a lot of advice and experience to give folk here.

I used to be on here a lot but it was taking over my life and I had to step away for a while. I come back every so often to read the boards and maybe post a couple of bits of info then I skulk away for a while again but we are getting really fed up of being on a budget and need to get it sorted sooner rather than later. We managed a cheap foreign holiday on the back of PPI reclaims last year - it was from a company we did not have on the DMP so after 12 years of camping thought sod it, they don't need to know. We loved it so much we have booked to go back but that will be it for years again unless we get this debt off our backs.

Having updated my DH's self-employed income to tax credits last month yesterdays payment was £200 more than expected so have squirreled that away into the saving account ready for our first f&f hopefully. However we are still waiting on the paperwork so don't know if that was a large payment which is then going to be reduced to smaller payments next month. So not counting our chickens until we get the paperwork. This is also the reason we are waiting until after SC have taken their march payment before going self-managed because expect the tax credits to go down for next year.
    The person who moves a mountain begins by carrying small stones.
    Diet loss starting Sept 2019 0/80lbs:eek::o
    Proud to be No. 47 of the DMP mutual support club
    DFW Nerd #380. Proud to be dealing with my debt
  • Little_Miss_Sunshine
    Options
    I used to be on here a lot but it was taking over my life and I had to step away for a while. I come back every so often to read the boards and maybe post a couple of bits of info then I skulk away for a while again but we are getting really fed up of being on a budget and need to get it sorted sooner rather than later. We managed a cheap foreign holiday on the back of PPI reclaims last year - it was from a company we did not have on the DMP so after 12 years of camping thought sod it, they don't need to know. We loved it so much we have booked to go back but that will be it for years again unless we get this debt off our backs.

Having updated my DH's self-employed income to tax credits last month yesterdays payment was £200 more than expected so have squirreled that away into the saving account ready for our first f&f hopefully. However we are still waiting on the paperwork so don't know if that was a large payment which is then going to be reduced to smaller payments next month. So not counting our chickens until we get the paperwork. This is also the reason we are waiting until after SC have taken their march payment before going self-managed because expect the tax credits to go down for next year.

Hi there. Just wondering if you've thought of cca ing your accounts?
    Depends how you feel about walking away from unenforceable debts but it would give you more bargaining power for settlement figures.
    DMP - 1/9/16
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,891 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi there. Just wondering if you've thought of cca ing your accounts?
    Depends how you feel about walking away from unenforceable debts but it would give you more bargaining power for settlement figures.

Was going to post exactly the same thing, but you beat me to it !!!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Little_Miss_Sunshine
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Was going to post exactly the same thing, but you beat me to it !!!

Sorry!! You're right about the second LBM - it's shining very bright for me at the moment. Nearly £30k is unforceable. We can concentrate on the other £28k and see where we're at after that.
    DMP - 1/9/16
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills