The Poundworld bargains thread

Options

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    DavidP24 wrote: »
    How is 5 bags of 28g a bargain at a pound when you can get 10 bags of 27g for £1 in ALDI, I know they are Kettle but really once you scoff them you just want another packet and at least with ALDI you have 5 more in cupboard saying "eat me, eat me".
    You can't compare Aldi crisps to Kettle! (Although the Lidl handmade S&V come a close second, but they only come in the big bags). G&T and Kettle S&V = my favourite dinner :)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • abandonded
    abandonded Posts: 305 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cerenia wrote: »
    2016 Goals
    56lbs to lose - 34 to go!
    Inches lost - 20
    PAYDBXMAS2016 #89 £1086/£2000
    Penny Challenge - £393/ £670
    Cerenia, I hope you don't mind my interrupting, not high jacking, this thread, but 6 years ago after having to shed one and a half stones, I discovered a novel way of maintaining my weight loss. When I reached the consultants recommended weight, I went into a jewellers and bought a watch with a non-expanding metal strap. I then got the assistant to remove links until from the strap until it fitted perfectly. Now, if I put on about 7 pounds, the watch will not fasten and after being extra good before I go on holiday, the watch slips right down my wrist. However, after the holiday like now, my watch is a little too tight so it's back to the diet again.
    Abandoned
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 August 2016 at 11:54PM
    Options
    Saw plenty of these in Poundworld Argyle Street, Glasgow earlier - Collection Cover & Go Foundation & Concealer Duo in 2 Light, 35ml.
    Review: http://sabshernandez.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/cover-and-go-with-collection-cosmetics.html (she's not reviewing that shade, though)
    Light%202(1)-500x500.JPG
    Also lots of NYC Liquid Eyeliner 5ml, Black, stocked up a while ago from there but can always do with more! (Comes with a brush, not a plastic nub which I hate so much on cheaper liquid eyeliners). Loose in the purple strip packs this time.
    http://www.nikkietutorials.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/NYCLiner02.jpg

Also, another growth activator formula (not that impressed with the Nutra Nail one so far), Kiss X-treme Growth Activator 13ml. Seems it's a base coat or top coat - prefer the dry-in ones but we'll see! http://www.wholesaledavinci.com/images/P/N08KS-KTR16F.jpg

Funnily enough, after me mentioning it a few posts ago, they have lots of Sally Hansen Hard As Nails in the strip packs too, maybe I should just stick with old faithful!

One I used to buy years ago was Nailoid Nail Hardener (brush on/dry in), a pink clear liquid, though it used to make my nails sting a little and had a strong chemically smell - it really did work. Don't know if it's available any more.

As for diet tips - I've been doing this nearly 18 months now - alternate 500 calorie days. Make it a lifelong endeavour (I plan on cutting down the fast days once I'm at my goal) and it will work :)
  • LouLou
    edited 7 August 2016 at 3:01PM
    Options
    Picked these up in Poundworld, Argyle Street earlier. Can see these on Polish and Czech websites. Chocolate Delicious Milk Chocolate Truffle Selection, 150g. https://nakup.itesco.cz/groceries/en-GB/products/2001019236976 (around £3)
    tBmitJf.jpg?1
    Edit: Surprisingly for cheap chocolates, they're really nice :)
  • Cerenia
    Cerenia Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    Options
    abandonded wrote: »
    Cerenia, I hope you don't mind my interrupting, not high jacking, this thread, but 6 years ago after having to shed one and a half stones, I discovered a novel way of maintaining my weight loss. When I reached the consultants recommended weight, I went into a jewellers and bought a watch with a non-expanding metal strap. I then got the assistant to remove links until from the strap until it fitted perfectly. Now, if I put on about 7 pounds, the watch will not fasten and after being extra good before I go on holiday, the watch slips right down my wrist. However, after the holiday like now, my watch is a little too tight so it's back to the diet again.

Thank you :) I use a fortnightly tape measure - just stops me from going scales obsessed (as several people have scoffed at me not having lost more weight!) - and see more results with a measure myself - but thats a fab idea! :)
    ~*Cerenia*~

2017 Goals
    Wedding Saving Pot - £1300/£2500

• LouLou
    edited 4 September 2016 at 10:09PM
    Options
    From Argyle Street, Glasgow Poundworld yesterday:

Emergen-C Energy Release & Immunity Support 8 x 9.9g sachets - Juicy Strawberry, Zingy Lemon or Super Orange flavours.
    Olay Skin Adapt Face Wash (Combination/Oily Skin) 150ml (seems to be a South African import).
    Simply Home Yankee Candle Apple Spice Potpourri* 22g 2 for £1, the only fragrance this store has at the moment, not sure if there's more out there?
    EQEq1my.jpg?1
    Also got 2 for £1 Fox's Candy Bear Snowy Seals and Shivering Sharks 250g "big bag" packs (jelly sweets - a few other varieties out there such as Perishing Penguins, and of course Fox's Glacier Mints/Fruits/Dark Liquorice & Aniseed are 2 for £1 as well).

And a 5 x pack of Kinder Country 23.5g bars http://ii.worldmarket.com/fcgi-bin/iipsrv.fcgi?FIF=/images/worldmarket/source/12362_XXX_v1.tif&wid=2000&cvt=jpeg

*Was in the store earlier - they also have Spiced Apple and Savour The Season Yankee Simply Home Tarts, similar colours so I didn't realise yesterday!
  • LouLou
    Options
    Meant to add this two days ago - from Argyle Street, Glasgow: Dettol Power & Pure Tip Top Multi-Use Tap & Go 415g, Ocean Fresh Or Citrus.
    UGIbaKc.jpg?1
    Blurb says, "All-purpose cleaner. 200 applications. Dissolves stubborn grease, dirt and soap scum. No need to rinse. (For surfaces in contact with food or metal surfaces, rinse with water).

How to use - To open: Turn cap counter-clockwise. To close: turn cap clockwise. To clean: apply product to a sponge or paper towel by pressing the top down. Wipe surface to be cleaned.
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    I'm not often in the vicinity of a Poundworld but today I was happy to get some of these, just my shade (when it's not greying :o).

5410091655297_IMAGE2.jpg

RRP £6.69...allegedly ;)

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • muffin_man_7
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I'm not often in the vicinity of a Poundworld but today I was happy to get some of these, just my shade (when it's not greying :o).

5410091655297_IMAGE2.jpg

RRP £6.69...allegedly ;)

VfM4meplse does this cover grey without looking pink or a sort of purple most of my hair is now dyed and although I'd love a lighter colour maybe less obvious when needs redoing I'm struggling with this issue I don't have friends in rl and all family too young to be grey yet hope you don't mind me asking
    I find a lot of your posts really helpful and
    Loulou too tia
    2nd purse challenge no040£0 Sealed pot challenge ???? £2 trolley find not counting small coins till end year
  • VfM4meplse
    edited 24 September 2016 at 7:57AM
    Options
    VfM4meplse does this cover grey without looking pink or a sort of purple most of my hair is now dyed and although I'd love a lighter colour maybe less obvious when needs redoing I'm struggling with this issue I don't have friends in rl and all family too young to be grey yet hope you don't mind me asking
    I shall report back on findings. Nothing seems to be 100% successful on me but Olia has been the best so far. I only picked this one up because it was £1 and the colour was a good match, if it doesn't work I shall go back to buying Olia on offer and using 1/4 of a box at a time, which means a box lasts 4 months :D

:money:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure