ATOS-suceeded in not having face to face...any ideas re: outcome?

Options
Hi all.

My partner had 3 very good supporting letters giving her illnesses in full & requesting that ATOS looked at her PIP claim on a 'paper based ' way-all her GP'S, support workers, psychiatrists, strongly advised that a face to face was NOT a good option for her health. The information sent was very detailed. Phoned DWP today on behalf of G/F, DWP received report from ATOS on 29/6 & a decision was made today & letter is being sent today. The lady at DWP said that 'as decision has only just made that the award isn't viewable as the letter has only gone out today'.

Now the paranoid person in me thinks her response is because it's a 'no'....but the decision making process has been VERY quick so thats a positive.

Any of you more experienced guys/gals have any guesses to make? Is it true that on the day a decision is made they can't see the award (or no award?). Any ideas guys?:)

Comments

• nobby1963
    nobby1963 Posts: 351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Possibly her way of dealing with privacy issues / data protection ?
    I was told over the phone when I called and a decision had been made but I had not yet received the award letter.
    Nobby.
    SMA 4000TL Inverter, 17 REC 235PE Panels, South facing, roof angle \ `ish, 3995 watt system.Installed Nov 2011.
  • TRAVELMAN_2
    TRAVELMAN_2 Posts: 864 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Nobby, probably worrying too much....spoke to my sis & she thinks 'data' is updated overnight as the letter has only been generated today. Fingers crossed!
  • TRAVELMAN_2
    Options
    Bumpety bump....any other feedback/ideas?
  • skye_
    skye_ Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just phone back now and ask again or wait for the letter.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,564 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    The person you spoke to at DWP was probably in the Contact Centre. Even if they can see the decision, they won't want to get involved in any discussion of the outcome as they won't have access to the full report and any other items taking into consideration. The decision is one of three outcomes - Work Related Activity Group, Support Group or disallowed on low score.
  • TRAVELMAN_2
    Options
    Hi,

It was PIP not ESA....hurry up brown envelope lol (!)
  • shegirl
    shegirl Posts: 10,107 Forumite
    Options
    It could go either way but my sons was done on paper only, very quickly and he got enhanced care and mobility (previously higher rate for DLA).

It may have been declined but it may not. The only people I personally know who have had it done on paper only are those who have been awarded. There will probably be those who haven't though, obviously!

It shouldn't take too long to arrive
    If women are birds and freedom is flight are trapped women Dodos?
  • SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had that when I rang a few weeks after my assessment, they could see a decision had been made and the title of the letter sounded optimistic but as it had not been scanned into the system and made viewable to all, she couldn't tell me for def.

She advised me to ring back the following day as it should have been showing then...as it was, because it was a large back date it had to go for an extra check of the amount and that delayed the scanning of the letter but it was certainly showing within a couple of days.
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,564 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Apologies for describing the situation with ESA, you did say it was PIP. I blame the hot weather :-)
  • TRAVELMAN_2
    Options
    LOL...dbl vodka is called for !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business