Halifax Clarity Card part payment query

Options
2»

Comments

• jennifernil
    jennifernil Posts: 5,580 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    " Be aware, some banks will adjust the DD if an additional payment has been made, others will take the DD regardless. Check with Halifax how they operate. "

We once made an extra payment to clear a cash withdrawal to avoid some interest, Halifax still took the full amount of the DD, even though we paid the withdrawal amount as soon as the statement was generated.
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    Options
    This amount of £50 over my credit limit will be on my August statement, so if I pay it off now, surely they won't charge me:mad:
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Vortigern wrote: »
    Grumbler - the thread you've linked is over 2 years old. The sort code and account number quoted in that thread is no longer valid. :(
    oops...:o
    I don't remember ever making changes, but indeed the current details in my payees list are 77-29-00 00000000
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    hansi wrote: »
    This amount of £50 over my credit limit will be on my August statement, so if I pay it off now, surely they won't charge me:mad:
    They charge for going over the limit at any time, not for being over the limit on the statement day.

However, if this happened first time, they are likely to waive the fee if you call and ask nicely.
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    Options
    Well, I have to say top marks to my local Halifax branch staff. Once I had explained the situation, the lady rang HO and they agreed to waive the £12 charge if I reduced the card bill to below the credit limit. So I immediately walked across the road to my bank and did the transaction within minutes.
    Well done Halifax
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport