Centerparcs Christmas 2015

Ok, so don't shoot me for mentioning the C word in June :o

I have booked up to go to Centerparcs this year for Christmas 23-27 Dec and was hoping to get some advice on what there is to do from people who have been in the past maybe?

In general I wanted to know when you found things became available to book, we can book activities now but there is hardly anything there, I was expecting pantos, discos, entertainment etc. but it seems it is all being added in dribs and drabs so now I am left in the position where I want to book things especially when its already showing some time slots with only one or two spaces left but I don't know if those activities are then going to clash with things I would rather do.

I am mainly interested in knowing:

if there are fireworks and if so what day?
when is the panto likely to be on?
Is there anything to do on Xmas day other than the Xmas quiz and swimming?
What are people's experiences of the Christmas lunches? Only seem to be Grand Cafe or Strada/Cafe Rouge which have the same menu.

Really just want to make sure I don't book a whole load of stuff and spend all my money to then find I could have had a way better time if I wait a few months!

Sorry for such a long post! Any help appreciated x
A big thank you to all comping posters!! :T

Comments

• KCGW
    KCGW Posts: 10 Forumite
    I haven’t been to Center Parcs over Christmas day so I'm not exactly a lot of help in that respect however I have been there a couple of years ago from the 16th - 21st of December. It all depends on what you are looking to do, while I was there, there was plenty of Christmassy attractions all around the park. Some were within walking distance of the main complex but most were dotted around and you could take the 'train' around to them. Things such as Santa’s grotto, reindeer pens, elf academy, Christmas shops and stalls etc. I remember there was a panto while we were there but can’t comment on it as we didn’t go, but you could book this while you were there. The evening entertainment was always good and was mostly free just turn up grab a drink and enjoy. There also were fireworks down by the lake area and I’m sure they were on most evenings (I imagine there was a big show on Christmas day). We didn’t actually book anything except for the Aqua Sana Spa which is a must if you really want to unwind. We ended up booking everything we wanted to do whilst we were there. Although I do admit it will likely be busier over Christmas so you may want to book up the things that you desperately want to do so that you are not disappointed. If you are worried about the activities clashing I wouldn’t worry too much as they run activities back to back most days. If you are worried about missing something you really want to see then you could always ring them and see if they have any times for the activities you want to do that way you could plan ahead. However there is so much to do at CP that you could fill your stay with things that don’t require any money to be spent or you have to book and still have a fantastic time. I wish you all the best and hope you have a fantastic Christmas break. :)
    £15k by Christmas - £11,500/£15,000
  • Hi, we have spent Christmas at center parcs, Sherwood Forest for the past 2 years.
    We really enjoyed the first year but wasn't as keen last year ( we had a few problems with accommodation etc which took the shine off).
    We had fireworks on Boxing Day and we had booked the 'VIP viewing area' at hucks- I really wouldn't recommend this as you can get good views all around.
    We also took our youngest to meet Santa on Christmas Eve and it was lovely both years, very authentic 'Santa' and a good gift.
    The villas have wreaths on the doors and most guest decorate the outsides with lights/garlands etc. We have previously paid for a real tree and decorations which is lovely for the children to decorate, center parcs also supplied 'reindeer food' and stockings.
    We went out for all our meals and spent Christmas Day at foresters the first year and cafe rouge the second- foresters was Definately the best out of the two with lots of little extras (toys for kids etc).
    The whole of the site is decorated and is lit up at night- the first year there was fake snowfall but nothing the second year. We took the kids pottery painting and it was all Christmas themed and they enjoyed this, we also did wreath making and this again was good. The pantomime was always fully booked and very popular.
    Overall it makes for a lovely Christmas break if you fancy a change from home- it's worth booking the early check in as most people take more than 1 car and at 3pm it can get gridlocked with all the cars coming in.
    You'll have a great time, let me know if you want to know anything more
  • If you haven't been to centre Parcs before it's worth noting the comments about gridlock above. We have always got there for 10am and spend the day in the village although we go to the lodge at 3pm we always unload the car about 5pm when you have a free run of the roads
  • we've booked Whinfell for 23-27 Dec again, having had two lovely Christmas's there. So surreal, mosying off to the flumes and rapids with a belly full of Christmas lunch...
    best bits:
    1. booking spa session for family on Christmas Eve, three hours of immeasurable bliss (bit pricing tho, £35 each...)
    2. Santa's village, complete with authentic fake snow. My kids are all nonchalent now they're in their late teens so I have to sneak off it see it on my own...
    3. lovely lights in the trees and footpaths, with the indoor village lit beautifully
    4. having tree, lights and decorations waiting by the door on arrival, ready to put up by the fire (£50 extra)
    tips
    1. the oven's are not very hot, to cook turkey you need to whack it up full and keep checking it... and they're not that big so don't take a huge one
    2. Sainsburys nearby had loads of fresh free range turkeys on Christmas Eve first thing last year so no need to lug yours in a cooler box
    3. arrive early to avoid the gridlock in the car park

feel free to message me if you want any specifics answering, though looking on the site if you haven't booked then all the 3 beds ones have gone - must be getting popular as previous years you could get one right up to day before
  • Thanks everyone for the messages, I've booked a table at the pancake house on arrival day @ 3.30 for a late lunch so we can unpack the car after that and hopefully avoid the rush!

ive booked the Grand Cafe for Xmas dinner so not going to be cooking and also booked tables at the restaurants so hopefully will just do snacks at the accommodation as I really don't want to cook at all!
    I've got my itinerary and I am just hoping I haven't booked too many activities as they all seem quite a distance but I'm sure it will all work out (either that or we will be jogging between events!)
    A big thank you to all comping posters!! :T
  • The panto gets sold out quickly, so if you are interested in that I would book if now if you can.

And I bought a pop up Christmas tree and took it with me when we went over Christmas two years ago ;o)
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family