Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Sky Home Move - What Should They Do?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
4 replies 1.5K views
BeancounterBeancounter Forumite
1.1K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
I used the Sky home move service paying £25 for this. I expected the dish and cabling to be replaced but the guy basically came in, checked the system was working and left. Having already had connected it up the night before I feel a little cheated.

Do they only change things if there is a fault now? Last time I moved everything was renewed.

Replies

• Kurtis_BlueKurtis_Blue Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Not sure what you discussed when booking the visit but it is all explained on the website. "Will the Sky engineer go to my old house to get my dish?

No. Our engineer will install a brand new dish at your new home. Alternatively, if there's already a Sky dish at the new property, we may use it to connect your Sky TV."

You paid £25 to guarantee you had continued service on the day/next day you moved, seems pretty good value.

You could have checked pre move if there was an dish and cabling and saved the monies.
  • BeancounterBeancounter Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    I had phoned a few weeks before as a discount period had expired and the person I spoke to said that a new dish and cabling would be installed hence me believing that would be the case.
  • giraffe69giraffe69 Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    When we moved (2 years ago) there was no charge. There was a dish and the installer checked it and used it. He added some cabling as we are having multi room. They were very efficient at organising the change in Sky.
  • cifpowercifpower Forumite
    6.5K Posts
    I used the Sky home move service paying £25 for this. I expected the dish and cabling to be replaced but the guy basically came in, checked the system was working and left. Having already had connected it up the night before I feel a little cheated.

Do they only change things if there is a fault now? Last time I moved everything was renewed.

If the dish and cables were fine why would Sky replaced them? If the new property already had these there was no need to pay the £25. Just plug and play.

This discussion has been closed.