quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    COMING SOON

For TELEGRAPH subscribers

RISEN

1456828060_Screen%20Shot%202016-03-01%20at%2010.21.50.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3231054

PRELIMINARY DETAILS (Possibly subject to change)

Certificate - 12A

Tuesday 15th March

18:00 for 18:30

LOCATIONS

Basingstoke
    Birmingham New Street
    Kingston-upon-Thames
    Leeds/Bradford
    Manchester Printworks
    Norwich
    Southampton
    Tunbridge Wells

“Risen” is the epic Biblical story of the Resurrection, as told through the eyes of a non-believer. Clavius (Joseph Fiennes), a powerful Roman military tribune, and his aide, Lucius (Tom Felton), are tasked with solving the mystery of what happened to Jesus in the weeks following the crucifixion, in order to disprove the rumors of a risen Messiah and prevent an uprising in Jerusalem.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • quoia
    edited 14 March 2016 at 1:25AM
    Options
    COMING SOON

For TELEGRAPH subscribers

EYE IN THE SKY

1456835707_Screen%20Shot%202016-03-01%20at%2012.32.37.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2057392

The commander is in England.
    The drone pilot is in America.
    The terrorist is in Kenya.
    And the authority to strike is up in the air.

Welcome to the new front line.

PRELIMINARY DETAILS (Possibly subject to change)

Certificate - 15 (12A in IRELAND)

Monday 11th March

18:00 for 18:30

VUE cinemas

Birmingham
    Bristol Cribbs
    Camberley
    Croydon Purley Way
    Harrow
    Leeds Light
    Manchester Lowry
    North Finchley
    Norwich
    Portsmouth
    Reading
    Staines
    Thanet

:( ALAN RICKMAN's last appearance on screen :(

Helen Mirren, Aaron Paul, Alan Rickman and Barkhad Abdi star in EYE IN THE SKY a contemporary international thriller set in the world of counter-intelligence and remote warfare.

London-based military intelligence officer Colonel Katherine Powell (Helen Mirren) is remotely commanding a top secret drone operation to capture a group of dangerous terrorists from their safe-house in Nairobi, Kenya. The mission suddenly escalates from a “capture” to a “kill” operation as Powell realizes that the terrorists are about to embark on a deadly suicide mission. From his base in Nevada, American drone pilot Steve Watts (Aaron Paul) is poised to destroy the safe-house when a nine year old girl enters the kill zone just outside the walls of the house. With unforeseen collateral damage now entering the equation, the impossible decision of when to strike gets passed up the “kill chain” of politicians and lawyers as the seconds tick down.

(11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
  • wildcath_20
    wildcath_20 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All, I have a question which I am hoping someone will be able to answer.

I have been using seefilmsfirst for awhile and seen some great films but I have noticed that the number of films has reduced and when they do come up you have to ve really quick.

Anyway I was considering joining the times+ in order to get more tickets, is it worth it as it is not cheap? Are tickets any easier to get hold of? I am based near Birmingham so there are a number of cinemas I can go to.

Any comments and advice would be great, thanks :)
  • steve9872
    steve9872 Posts: 269 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I have been using seefilmsfirst for awhile and seen some great films but I have noticed that the number of films has reduced and when they do come up you have to ve really quick.

Anyway I was considering joining the times+ in order to get more tickets, is it worth it as it is not cheap? Are tickets any easier to get hold of? I am based near Birmingham so there are a number of cinemas I can go to.

The Times are doing an offer £12 for 12 weeks.
    http://store3.thetimes.co.uk/membership-benefits-3.html?CMP=KNG-G_BR_The_Times_Brand_Promo_-msix-Offers-the_times_co_uk/offers
    Its a fairly cheap way of figuring out whether or not to go down the full subscription route. Its very important to read the T&C's especially if you want to cancel. I believe you have to do so at least 2 weeks before your offer period runs out.
  • quoia
    edited 2 March 2016 at 1:53AM
    Options

Excluding special offers (if you can get one for a long term subscripton) the Times+ starts at £6 per week for the full week access ... (£312 per annum)

You could go for just the weekdays at £4 or just the Sunday edition at £2,
    although all these come with NO GUARANTEES regards what films will be shown :(

So UNLESS you actually want to read the news content provided by this publication ....

why wouldn't you just go for a Cineworld subscription at £16.90 a month? (£202.80 per annum)

You can then see as many films that any Cineworld (you can get to) screens in the entire month or year as many times a day or week that you have spare time to do so.

Go 4 times a week and each film will have cost you less than £1 each.
    See 2 films on each visit and they're under 50p :D

Got an identical twin ?
    Both of you could use the same card :rotfl:

• wildcath_20
    wildcath_20 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    I am a student so having looked on the website I got join times plus for a year for £20 and that also gives me a taste card for a year and odeon 2 for 1 on the weekend which I thought was a good deal and I get access to the paper which is a bonus
  • geordie_ben
    geordie_ben Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I looked at the Student bit, but they (well Unidays) don't cover my place of study. Boooooooo
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Apologies if this isn't the best place for MSE Editors.

http://www.standard.co.uk/esrewards/the-lady-in-the-van-film-screening-60-tickets-to-be-won-a3193071.html?&S2REF=1376599

The Lady in the Van film screening: 60 tickets to be won

This Sunday at 11am (6 March), Charlotte Street Hotel, 15-17 Charlotte St, London W1T 1RJ
    THE%20LADY%20IN%20THE%20VAN%20SBR9951UV_3D%20%282%29.jpgTLITV%201.jpg
    This Sunday enjoy an exclusive screening of The Lady in the Van starring Dame Maggie Smith.
    Based on the true story of Miss Shepherd (played by Dame Maggie Smith), a woman of uncertain origins who "temporarily" parks her van in Alan Bennett’s (Alex Jennings) London driveway and proceeds to live there for 15 years. What begins as a very reluctant favour becomes a relationship that will change both their lives. Acclaimed director Nicholas Hytner reunites with iconic writer Alan Bennett to create this rare and touching portrait.
    The critically-acclaimed The Lady in the Van (certificate 12) is out on Blu-ray and DVD next Monday.
    To to celebrate there’s an exclusive screening this Mother’s Day, Sunday 6 March, at 11am. The screening is taking place in the sophisticated surroundings of the Charlotte Street Hotel in central London and winners will be treated to pre-film tea and cake.
    We have 30 pairs of tickets up for grabs to the screening.

COMPLETE FORM ON WEBSITE

Terms & Conditions: Promotion closes at 09.00 on 4 March 2016. Winners and their guest must be 18 years and over. There are 30 tickets to be won. The winners will be the first 30 entries selected at random after the closing date and will be contacted by 13.00 4 March 2016. The tickets are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Only one entry per person. Usual promotion rules apply, see www.standard.co.uk/rules. For further information, please write to Customer Care, Evening Standard Limited, Northcliffe House, 2 Derry Street, London, W8 5TT. Promoter: DnA PR
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • purplevamp
    purplevamp Posts: 10,329 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have posted the above here in the comp section to get more coverage. Thanks for posting Mee :j xx
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039
    Now: £92,275.21 Jul 2037
    Swagbucks ~ £150 (2023 ~ £355)
    Surveys ~ £79.56 (2023 ~ £344.20)
    Make £2024 in 2024 #35 ~ £246.61 ~ (2023 ~ £2,224.70)
  • General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,845 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think the Code Only thread posts today re Telegraph Subscriber screenings are "heads up" that these offers will become available, not that you can actually complete a request online yet. If any Telegraph Subscriber has managed to book either or both, please advise what available route you used.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure