Incompetence!! Frustration... Vodafone!

Options
So, I have upgraded my handset with Vodafone and was informed, by text, that my new phone would be delivered on a certain day between certain times. I am sure you will not be surprised that this did not happen...

I call the delivery firm to see what is happening. They inform me that the delivery address was incomplete/incorrect and I would have to take this up with Vodafone.

This is where the fun begins, after numerous phone calls and live web chats with various Vodafone representatives and being informed that it could take anywhere between 24 hours and the rest of you life to deliver the phone i nearly gave up... But I thought a couple more calls.

I checked again with the delivery company who confirmed that Vodafone HAD NOT been in contact to change the delivery address, therefore still in limbo. Back onto Vodafone with the ball back in their court.

Am I being unrealistic to expect that with computer systems as they are it should be relatively easy for 2 large, well known, companies to efficiently communicate with each other. But more than that, am I expecting too much from Vodafone employees by not asking them to lie about the tasks that they say they will carry out?

A simple process that has been made incredibly complicated by poor communication, unprofessional actions and lies.

Obviously this has all left me feeling cheerful!

Comments

• mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options

Am I being unrealistic to expect that with computer systems as they are it should be relatively easy for 2 large, well known, companies to efficiently communicate with each other. But more than that, am I expecting too much from Vodafone employees by not asking them to lie about the tasks that they say they will carry out?

Obviously this has all left me feeling cheerful!

This IS Vodafone, so YES and YES.

Think what they're like once you GET the phone - if you ever do, of course....
  • wayneski100
    wayneski100 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ironically my wife and I have been Vodafone customers for a long while now... maybe I enjoy the pain!
  • eagle
    eagle Posts: 586 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This IS Vodafone, so YES and YES.

Think what they're like once you GET the phone - if you ever do, of course....

I agree - get out while you still can - it's a sign!! :)

The pain you will suffer should you ever need to get in touch with their pitiful CS staff is going to be a lot worse...
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi wayneski100,

If you still need help with this, email me with your details via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure