Reusable face wipes: Do you use them?

124»

Comments

• jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    £5+
    I use mircofibre face towels. I think I have about 10 of them and they are white so I chuck them in the wash with my white sheets every week. I fold them up nicely and sit them on top of the side of the shower so I can't forget to take one in with me.

I also use these- I used to either use my hands (previously cleaned I will add!) or if I was using a crème cleanser I'd use a muslin cloth, but the microfiber types are much softer and I don't feel I'm doing more harm than good, they are also great at getting rid of all my eye make up which I just couldn't do with muslin cloths as they were too scratchy- even the softest types I found.
    I get my microfiber cloths from Primark who have either one for £1.50 or a pack of three for £2.50. They was very well on a normal wash, they are not the same as the types you can buy for household cleaning so don't think you can just recycle your Tesco/Pound shop versions, the facial versions have longer fibers and do work better IMO than the cotton muslin types or cotton flannels.
  • halogen
    halogen Posts: 426 Forumite
    jenniewb wrote: »
    Well, each to their own, but I know if I didn't wash my face it would show and I'd feel unclean, I don't think my skin would let me forget!
    It does if I'm in the city but alas my skin does let me forget up here in the sticks. That's why I use wipes because I can keep them by the bed and if i have forgotten before I go to bed I just reach over and grab one.
    I will point out I never wear make up and my face does get washed with water in the shower as well.
  • jooboo
    jooboo Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper
    £5+
    I have bought some Dove soap it cost £2 something a bar. This is to replace my face wash, face wipes, and shower cream. It comes in a cardboard box so a lot of plastic saved. I hope I like it, it should save me money too. Does anyone else use soap? If so any recommendations on which ones best?
  • Triggercat
    Triggercat Posts: 17 Forumite
    £0
    I like either Simple soap or Dove bar, but I find using them on my face x2 daily, everyday, is too drying, so I alternate with face wash. I also like the loccitane soaps when I can get them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure